pawel speakers

rab1991

So I recently picked up a pair of pawel speakers and was wondering if anyone on here has any information about them or uses them and the brand as there's not much information on the net.

I've emailed pawel from the address on there website but haven't had a response.

The cabinets are the same as the pa-1 and appear to use the same drivers but mine look slightly different and are labelled up as Tonstudio Pawel which I can't find any information on.

Thanks

1316925684_PXL_20211002_184257300copy.thumb.jpg.ea529ff70f0c1fb6ca9aabcda2a1a724.jpg

737711842_PXL_20211002_184314001copy.thumb.jpg.5d22e2cbb18de45ebcac3ebd46f858f8.jpg

Aren’t they just the Ensemble PA-1s reborn?

From what i can gather pawel always made them and Ensemble was the distributor. 

I use a pair of Pawel Ensemble PA-1 Reference in my bedroom system with Trilogy 909/990 amps. They are Ms ICHM fav speakers, I have owned them for at least 15 years. 

Yours look the same as PA-1, the reference has a different bass mid driver.

Pawel Acoustics seem to keep a very low profile. The Zellation classic seems remarkably similar. 

Edited by It Cost How Much!?!

From what i can gather pawel always made them and Ensemble was the distributor. 

Ah, OK - didn’t know that!

Sterephile has a review of the Pawel/Ensemble PA-1 & Reference:

Ensemble and Pawel Acoustics
The manufacturer of the PA-1 and Reference, Pawel Acoustics in Switzerland, does not get involved in the marketing of the line. That's handled by Ensemble, Inc. (also a Swiss Company). The PA-1 was distributed some years ago in the US by Goldmund as the Goldmund Prologue. The speaker has been improved since then and is now available here through the auspices of Graham Engineering.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/pawelensemble-pa-1-amp-reference-loudspeakers

It looks like they're "bright" with very limited bass extension.

I have looked at Pawel speakers because the ones they have on Emporium piqued my interest.

Pawel Acoustics Elektra 5 Speakers & Stands 

Yours for £7,000  second hand

They do look lovely .... they'd have to sound lovely too for that price . Did make me google them out of interest though - not that much info.

p.s they have been for sale for a while now - may be worth making an offer if anyone is interested 😀

s-l1600__78315.1631825896.jpg

So finally had a chance to listen to these tonight, I accidentally bought two pairs of speakers at the same time, as you do, and have been more focused on the other pair, A pair of proac studio 3. 

Admittedly they deserve much better than the quad 34/306 that i played them through but it really did seem to work quite well. they are super detailed and dynamic but i can see them being harsh on the end of the wrong equipment but maybe the 34 helped in that respect, taking away some of the high end and detail. I can imagine with the right equipment and the right room these would be more than enough for most people, myself included. They seem to balance the ultra detailed sound that gets tiring and the more neutral sound quite well. Maybe bass light but theres only so much a small speaker can do in a medium ish size room and they were put on directly after the studio 3. so with better positioning and a smaller room i imagine they would be more than adequate in that department. I'm super impressed with them and think my other go to small speakers will be sold and replaced with these.

• 1 month later...

Not often on the WAM, but I am a (very) happy camper with the Pawel References and Graaf amplification.

@rab1991I cannot tell from pictures, is the front baffle sloped (Pa-1 cabinet) or is it vertical (Animata cabinet)?

Woofers are 5" Podszus-Gorlich with dust cover from which Microprecision/Zellaton took IMHO more than one hint from (Reference woofers have no dust cover) and tweeters are tightly matched 19mm Hiquphons; I definitely do not agree with these speakers being bright and having lack of bass (well, about lower registers I am open to discussion), bass being very fast and articulated. Room proximity is welcome to strengthen the lower end but they give their best qualities far from boundaries.

Found a lot of similarities with Royd RR3 lately..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
So I recently picked up a pair of pawel speakers and was wondering if anyone on here has any information about them or uses them and the brand as there's not much information on the net.
I've emailed pawel from the address on there website but haven't had a response.
The cabinets are the same as the pa-1 and appear to use the same drivers but mine look slightly different and are labelled up as Tonstudio Pawel which I can't find any information on.
Thanks
1316925684_PXL_20211002_184257300copy.thumb.jpg.ea529ff70f0c1fb6ca9aabcda2a1a724.jpg
737711842_PXL_20211002_184314001copy.thumb.jpg.5d22e2cbb18de45ebcac3ebd46f858f8.jpg
I have to say, those bass drivers look a bit small to "drive" a passive B139. KEF always used the B200 which is about right.

If anybody is near Cheshire and wants to hear a pair of Pawel PA1 Reference speakers, drop me a PM. 

They are very stand sensitive and like expensive high quality amps. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, It Cost How Much!?! said:

If anybody is near Cheshire and wants to hear a pair of Pawel PA1 Reference speakers, drop me a PM. 

Top Wamming Roberto

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, m7rso said:

Top Wamming Roberto

Pop over Graham. 

9 hours ago, It Cost How Much!?! said:

This, i don't think my current set up is getting the most out of them and they still sound rather good, and desperately need a decent pair of stands, the only ones i have at the right height are atacama se24.

what stands are you using for yours?

1 hour ago, rab1991 said:

This, i don't think my current set up is getting the most out of them and they still sound rather good, and desperately need a decent pair of stands, the only ones i have at the right height are atacama se24.

what stands are you using for yours?

I use custom made ones or Target R series. The custom ones are slightly better. Currently with AE2 on them.

20211204_211610_compress99.jpg

Edited by It Cost How Much!?!