Trouble with Linn Basik Plus arm and LVX arm collar/base

I own a Linn Axis turntable with a LVX arm, and have recently acquired a Basik Plus arm. My intention to replace the LVX after discovering the cartridge leads were unconventional at the arm end and not replaceable. The headshell was loose and I had to use  'loctite to secure it.  The Basik Plus didn't come with an arm collar - so I thought I should be able to use the LVX collar.

I discovered that the arm column where the collar nut should rest and tightened to results in the arm positioned towards the right corner of the deck. In order to get the arm to 90° viewed from the front, I have to turn the arm away from the recessed column so the nut tightens on the outer body of the column. Not a great solution as it marks the arm.

Anybody else noticed this?

If I,ve interpreted your post correctly, it sounds like the collar maybe 120deg out. You can reposition this be slackening the three allen bolts underneath the deck and reposition the collar so that the arm tightening grub screw is in the correct position. (exits to the RHS of the deck)

As troll suggests, a few piccies would help.

• Upvote 1

On 09/10/2021 at 18:11, Fluidtonearm said:

In order to get the arm to 90° viewed from the front, I have to turn the arm away from the recessed column so the nut tightens on the outer body of the column. Not a great solution as it marks the arm.

Can you loosen the screw on the armrest/lift-lower device and rotate it some on the pillar to align the arm with the armboard?

• 2 weeks later...

I did undo the two screws that I found at the back of the armrest/cue base attached to the arm column. There was no way you could re-position this armrest/cue base as the screws go into the column itself so doesn't allow for movement or repositioning.