I was making an awful pun about helping the platter revolve. 😬

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, StellanH said:

Maybe they are not using magic anymore?

I'm sure you meant Majik. 🤔 🤣

• Haha 2

Super Wammer

I haven't heard from the dealer since he told me "November ship." Has anyone in North America had confirmation of Radikal kits shipping to our continent?

Super Wammer
15 minutes ago, mbabst said:

As I can see Linn makes us finally pay for the old motor touching the Trampolin. Is this problem now solved?

If you look on the motor, you can see intents on the bottom. So it appears that Linn may have solved it.

15 hours ago, sktn77a said:

And, equally, if not more, important - how accurate is the centering of the spindle hole (leading to audible "wow" - far worse that a miniscule deviation from 33.3. rpm)?

Great point!. I have one album (can't remember which one right now) where it is so bad that some tracks are pretty much unlistenable. Watching the cartridge sway back and forth almost makes you seasick!.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, akamatsu said:

I haven't heard from the dealer since he told me "November ship." Has anyone in North America had confirmation of Radikal kits shipping to our continent?

I just received the first upgrade kit for a customer today.  He is driving up for me to install it tomorrow.  So they have started shipping to the US.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, teuchter85 said:

Great point!. I have one album (can't remember which one right now) where it is so bad that some tracks are pretty much unlistenable. Watching the cartridge sway back and forth almost makes you seasick!.

But be assured, that your seasickness will be more precise with the new Radikal 😜

It would be interesting to audition

- new Radikal LP12 + Urika(2) powered by (separate) old Radikal vs

- new Radikal LP12 + Urika(2) powered by (separate) new Radikal

to find out, how much improvement is 'revolutionary', and how much is new good old electronics with lesser noise floor.

13 minutes ago, TooManyCatweazles said:

But be assured, that your seasickness will be more precise with the new Radikal 😜

It would be interesting to audition

- new Radikal LP12 + Urika(2) powered by (separate) old Radikal vs

- new Radikal LP12 + Urika(2) powered by (separate) new Radikal

to find out, how much improvement is 'revolutionary', and how much is new good old electronics with lesser noise floor.

Not sure if that would work now or not but it's a thought. 🤔

wile tnt.jpg

Edited by Mr Kandid

On 29/10/2021 at 11:53, Wenge1 said:

Confirmation received - The XLR cable that is attached to the motor is the one that is replaced as part of the upgrade kit ................. 👍

just reading through the manual for the 2021 Radikal and it mentions that the different XLR plug is used to identify the new motor:

“The motor used with the Radikal II (2021 variant) is identifiable by the blue band around the Neutrik connector.”

’troll

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

just reading through the manual for the 2021 Radikal and it mentions that the different XLR plug is used to identify the new motor:

“The motor used with the Radikal II (2021 variant) is identifiable by the blue band around the Neutrik connector.”

’troll

Technically just the same XLR plug but with the blue band on it.  Neutrik makes ten different color rings so places with lots of XLR cables, like recording studios, can color code things.

Edit:  I decided I should clarify this as I'm not sure Linn has used the same XLRs since the beginning on the Radikal.  They have had three different XLRs on the Silver Balanced Interconnects.  But they have been using this one for some time at the very least.

Edited by ThomasOK
  • Like 3

Super Wammer
6 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

’troll

Yes it does - a big blue band is on it.  I never noticed the absence of that band on the old connector ....... 👍

Today I saw a parcel with new Radikal II. In the parcel there was also a new switch (33/45 rpm), which looks different from,the older one.

Does anyone know if the new switch is also part of the update kit?

Edited by Ben Webster