Jump to content

Meridian


nomismo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Super Wammer

always a good source

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

Hi

I recently acquired some secondhand Meridian kit, that came with a MSR+ remote control console. I can't get it to "learn" from my Marantz CD remote control. The instruction manual with the MSR says - Select the source (CD), hold down "0" and "Mute" simultaneously until the indicator light flashes twice and stays lit. When I do this, the light just flashes a few times and goes out. It's not the batteries, as I swapped them out for new ones. The source (CD player) is turned on. Help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Cambs12 changed the title to Meridian
  • Administrator
Admin

@Roger T I moved your post into the Meridian owners club section , as I felt you are more likely to get a reply in here. 

Edited by Bazzer
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Roger T said:

Hi

I recently acquired some secondhand Meridian kit, that came with a MSR+ remote control console. I can't get it to "learn" from my Marantz CD remote control. The instruction manual with the MSR says - Select the source (CD), hold down "0" and "Mute" simultaneously until the indicator light flashes twice and stays lit. When I do this, the light just flashes a few times and goes out. It's not the batteries, as I swapped them out for new ones. The source (CD player) is turned on. Help!

I don’t think you can program the CD button on MSR+ as it’s reserved for Meridian kit. Try Aux or something else. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, jobseeker said:

I don’t think you can program the CD button on MSR+ as it’s reserved for Meridian kit. Try Aux or something else. 

Ah... you're right! The instruction manual is not immediately clear, but it does say that on another page. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Super Wammer
23 minutes ago, jobseeker said:

Meridian is not renowned for clarity or completeness in its’ documentation. There are many’ trade secrets’ 😀

Is that their CD players need at least half an hour of playing before sounding acceptable, a secret ?   :)

Any more tips for CD players...I use a 507.24 ?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That’s a great sounding player. I used to have a full rack of 500 series kit. 

Edited by jobseeker
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a newbie, I am finding my way round the forums - it seems I made the cardinal sin of not telling you what that "secondhand Meridian kit" was! 😀 - lightly used G56/G01. It sounds fabulous! Eventually, when wallet allows, I'll be looking for a G07 or G08 CD player to complete the set. Also have Rega P6 + ProAc Response D15s, both also recent upgrades. Scarily good!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, another question! In setting up my Meridian G01 pre-amp, I notice that the gain settings for each analogue input are adjustable, not something that ever bothers the budget hifi user - previously, me! In order to get the volume the same from both phono pre-amp (Musical Fidelity V90-LPs) and CD player (Marantz CD6005), so avoiding a sudden lurch in volume from one source to another, I have set both the CD and Disc input at 1.0. I suppose I could use any other setting as long as they were the same? Does 1.0 seem reasonable? Be kind - I'm new at this! Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Super Wammer

This is only my opinion and others may well know better . CD is normally a fixed 2 V level and I would set this for all other inputs so that they all match . This ensures that the highest level is used and so no chance of as you say a surprise big rise in volume .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
Moderator
7 hours ago, bencat said:

This is only my opinion and others may well know better . CD is normally a fixed 2 V level and I would set this for all other inputs so that they all match . This ensures that the highest level is used and so no chance of as you say a surprise big rise in volume .

I could be wrong here but if the output from each source is different, shouldn't the input level on the preamp reflect that? If he sets all input levels at the same, he will get different sound levels for each source, I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, the input levels will need to be different according to the output level of the source  - unless the sources actually have the same output level of course. 

Edited by jobseeker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Roger T said:

As a newbie, I am finding my way round the forums - it seems I made the cardinal sin of not telling you what that "secondhand Meridian kit" was! 😀 - lightly used G56/G01. It sounds fabulous! Eventually, when wallet allows, I'll be looking for a G07 or G08 CD player to complete the set. Also have Rega P6 + ProAc Response D15s, both also recent upgrades. Scarily good!

I don’t know how easy it is to find replacement mechanisms for these players now. There was a problem but I don’t know the current situation. I would join Merdian Unplugged and message Mr Tech Guy to check. He may even have some G series players if you really want one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, jobseeker said:

I don’t know how easy it is to find replacement mechanisms for these players now. There was a problem but I don’t know the current situation. I would join Merdian Unplugged and message Mr Tech Guy to check. He may even have some G series players if you really want one. 

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...