Ebay Sale - Delivery to Business Address ?

Bigwig07

I've just sold a small item -  Chromecast audio on the bay, and the buyer has requested delivery (on the order confirmation) to a petrol filling station rather than a residential address. Seems ok (with recorded delivery) ? or a bit dodgy ?

Too many scammers around.

If they've paid by PayPal you should deliver to their registered/ confirmed address.

I have my company address, as well as home address, confirmed through PayPal so I can occasionally use it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bigwig07 said:

I've just sold a small item -  Chromecast audio on the bay, and the buyer has requested delivery (on the order confirmation) to a petrol filling station rather than a residential address. Seems ok (with recorded delivery) ? or a bit dodgy ?

Too many scammers around.

is that where the buyer works?so long as he's paid, I don't think you need to care where he asks you to send it. I've had stuff sent to my employer's address before.

It could also be a parcel collection/drop off point…easy enough to check online.

Edited by 2010*zuma
  • Upvote 1

I post to the address that is provided by eBay as part of the payment process (order details), why would you post anywhere else?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

only send to the address provided by paypal , they will only cover you for that address if some thing goes wrong , you will have no help off paypal or eBay ,

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, 2010*zuma said:

It could also be a parcel collection/drop off point…easy enough to check online.

This.

I sent something to a pick-up point on Monday. It was the address provided by ebay. Always use tracking. as mentioned.

Sadly, I've sold a few items in the past 2 months and only had feedback twice. Tracking proved the kit had arrived.

I think manners have taken a plunge recently, it would be good to know that stuff has arrived safely and is working.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, lazycat said:

This.

I sent something to a pick-up point on Monday. It was the address provided by ebay. Always use tracking. as mentioned.

Sadly, I've sold a few items in the past 2 months and only had feedback twice. Tracking proved the kit had arrived.

I think manners have taken a plunge recently, it would be good to know that stuff has arrived safely and is working.

I've hardly had anyone leave feedback this year. I've got to the point of just having to assume that no complaint mean all is good.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MartinC said:

I've hardly had anyone leave feedback this year. I've got to the point of just having to assume that no complaint mean all is good.

I must admit I rarely leave feedback now since ebay restricted the ability to leave negative feedback. I was scammed several years ago but couldn't even leave negative feedback to warn others !

I wouldn't send it to a Business Address unless it is registered as a delivery address on Paypal and ebay.   

In my distant past I used to work in Credit Card Fraud Prevention and have come across so many types of scam .. fraudsters would ask for delivery to places such as Hotels and be in the car park waiting for the delivery (the problem with track and trace is a the fraudster will be advised time of delivery).  One case a guy ordered £15k of professional equipment .. the goods were to be delivered to a Hotel .... the problem was the Hotel was not the "person" who ordered the stuff .. the fraudsters were in the car park and when the delivery van came they helped get the stuff off and when the van drove off loaded it all into another van to shoot off.  Lots of smaller items were delivered to shops (where the fraudster would pre arrange postal receipt and collection saying they were moving to the area but were not settled into the house yet) .. 

Considering PayPal is not the source of payment a buyer receives anymore, its pretty irrelevant.

Yes, you can pay with PayPal, and this converts to eBay Managed Payment for the seller.

The address that is stipulated in the purchase must be adhered to. If you click 'order details', often you will find a registration address and a delivery address, this can differ. You have to send it to the delivery address.

If its a click and collect place, you will be given an ECP code to write on the box, if not, its probably a work or colleagues address.

No issues sending it as long as the address is in the delivery address provided, and not on an email sent afterwards.

Always send with tracking, package like it can be thrown out of an airplane and survive, and just hope its a decent person on the receiving end, as no matter what happens, you'll be putting a 180 day insurance on what you sell.

• Like 2