Advice on how to extend a 2014 LP12 Akurate + Radikal - Thanks

I'm a little late to this thread, but reading it I was thinking what Tom already mentioned: Urika2 does only make sense, if you're going Exakt. I never heard anything Lejonklou, so I cannot comment on it. But let me add that a lot of pre-owned Urika1's are in the market, usually selling around 1200€. With the built quality of Linn, I'd look for a used one - preferrably sourced from your dealer -  and invest the saved money elsewhere. 

• Like 2

On 17/10/2021 at 05:54, Billy Collins said:

Thank you - very helpful response. I think the Karousel and Keel are kind of inevitable now. 

I really like the idea of the Urika 2 - partly for the synergy with the Radikal, which I feel I never maximised since purchase. 

Have you thoughts in where you would  go from the Urika (amp + speakers?)

(I am also toying with the idea of an all LInn source (inc Karousel / Keel / Urika) and moving into Hegel and Harbeth speakers. 

Thank you 

Billy

I would only go Urika2 if you are using it with an all Linn set-ip. The Lejonklou Entity 1.1 would be much better option if you go with another amp set-up. 

Edited by naimhead2550
Typo

If you want to keep it real in the analogue domain then it's a Urika 1 or perhaps something from the Lejonklou range " I don't have any experience with them but come very highly recommended.

Less is more.😎👍🏻

• Like 1