Time to change Trichord Dino mk1?

Lord J

I have the same problem with my Dino just need to be careful. Mine still sounds good though. If you look at my profile I have a same tt as you but with orbe platter.

You welcome to come have a listen.

12 hours ago, Psilonaught said:

Is Chevron audio still operating?

I tried emailed them about their active analogue crossover and the email address bounced?

Do you have their / his contact info??

http://www.chevronaudio.co.uk/Contact/contact.html

Email doesn't work

Sent you Pm, didn’t want to clutter thread up. 😀

1 hour ago, TIU said:

I blame the US integrated that cannot be named.

Ha. It sounds fabulous for everything else. 
I apologise, I’m not a man of mystery.

2 hours ago, johns said:

I have the same problem with my Dino just need to be careful. Mine still sounds good though. If you look at my profile I have a same tt as you but with orbe platter.

You welcome to come have a listen.

That’s very kind of you, John.
I was going to come to the Wam show this year, for the first time. Just to see how other people’s systems worked and chew the fat. Real shame it’s cancelled. 

How does the Orbe platter change the sound?

Cheers

19 hours ago, lostwin said:

Without de-railing the topic - and conscious that this is something I always mention to Michell owners - but do you have the True Point Pylons fitted? In terms of bang for the buck they are very hard to beat and cost effective compared to cart or phono upgrade. They give an uplift in sound quality I would be delighted to have obtained through either of the latter changes.

Hello, thanks for the suggestion. I’ve looked at various modifications for my trusty old Gyro.

I think I’ll give True points a call today. 

Cheers

Get the True Point Pylons and Pads- the increase in sound quality is dramatic. (At least it is on my Gyro SE.) 🤓

Edited by Tarzan

The phono stages around 1k that I like and own are the Allnic H-1201 and Trilogy 907.

I have only heard the BB3 in other systems and it was OK. I owned a BB1 for a short while (a week).

At lower cost I really rate the Moth phono stage used as MM with a step-up or the fab and under rated Trigon Vanguard.

What ever you get, make sure it's adjustable for gain and capacitance. 

I had a Gyro a long time ago and it has a dip at both ends of the frequency range. The Orbe kit helps correct this, but looks horrid compared to the Gyro platter. 

Edited by It Cost How Much!?!