I wish I had this bloke's hi-fi budget...

ANADROL-50

Still not sure I could spend that sort of money on Hifi unless I'd actually done some good in the world with my money first/

• Like 1

The owner makes some valid points, but just not in budget for all but a few of us (not me).

Besides, i like the pick and chose approach.

• Like 1

Now that is an expensive system; a quick tot up makes it around £320k?

The value judgement is not for us to make. I'd certainly love to hear it. And that Esoteric drawer action..mmmmmm, as Homer would comment.

Interesting that he's a source first kind of a guy. That approach did get a bit silly in the past (multi thousand pound TTs in to Linn Kans, etc), but there is much to commend it, as I've been rediscovering of late. Balance is everything though.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ogie said:

He needs an art budget.

And a rug to "tie it all together" ala "The Dude".

Not to say proper acoustic treatment too for the bare walls.

• Like 2

The bloke in that video is a comedian.

Talks about the importance of vibration and has his non-suspended turntable on a floor mounted stand next to his stack of bass bins / sub woofers.

How about getting his TT as far away from all speakers as possible?

And what's with the sub woofers behind him? Integration?

And he says that sub-woofers are the best value for money upgrade you can have? Surely that depends on what speakers you've got already? Some of us like buying / making speakers with proper sized woofers already built in.

He also talks nonsense about the CD player being the most important item. Digital sources sound so similar - in my experience - that it's not worth agonising over which one to buy. Not when compared to speakers or analogue sources.

His speakers have 2 x 10" woofers in a bass reflex. They're not going to be the last word in bass quality.

His room is too empty and echoey. The echoes are quite apparent at the 13 minute mark in the video.

There is a lot of scope for getting a better sounding system than his whilst spending about 2% of what he's spent.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5

....me too to spend on a house!  As others have said the room does not look like it's been treated and at his budget it should have been first thing on his list.  The room actually looks depressing to be in but each to their own. And a rug to tie it all together....man!

He sold all his wall art and all his other furniture to buy that system. He lives in that room 24/7. He cannot even afford long trousers.:D

At 13:38 he scratches his balls.

Edited by TIU
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, lindsayt said:

The bloke in that video is a comedian.

Talks about the importance of vibration and has his non-suspended turntable on a floor mounted stand next to his stack of bass bins / sub woofers.

How about getting his TT as far away from all speakers as possible?

And what's with the sub woofers behind him? Integration?

And he says that sub-woofers are the best value for money upgrade you can have? Surely that depends on what speakers you've got already? Some of us like buying / making speakers with proper sized woofers already built in.

He also talks nonsense about the CD player being the most important item. Digital sources sound so similar - in my experience - that it's not worth agonising over which one to buy. Not when compared to speakers or analogue sources.

His speakers have 2 x 10" woofers in a bass reflex. They're not going to be the last word in bass quality.

His room is too empty and echoey. The echoes are quite apparent at the 13 minute mark in the video.

There is a lot of scope for getting a better sounding system than his whilst spending about 2% of what he's spent.

Its easy to criticise and mock others, but unless you've put yourself out there to provide content for the hobby and interest, then you just sound like a numpty imo.

Wheres your video? I'd love to see your room!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

I remember at the end of the Generation Game on a Saturday night on BBC one, there used to be a sort of 'travelator' of household goods that would be shown to the 'winner' and whatever items they could remember and recite, they got to keep. Teasmaid! Cuddly toy!! Anthea Redfern!!!

Was the OP a game where the guy was shown a load of hifi marketing brochures and then got to keep pieces of kit from any of the manufacturers whose 'blah blah' he could recite word for word?

• Upvote 2

• Tony_J changed the title to I wish I had this bloke's hi-fi budget...