I wish I had this bloke's hi-fi budget...

ANADROL-50

If the dac & transport are up to snuff & the same company are then suggesting you purchase a clock..is it merely wrestless minds or a marketing ploy ?  I never understood why Naim were so popular. If I was told that what I was buying is good but I could add another box...then another...& another to make it better until I had 10 boxes, it would cast doubt (to me personally) of the companies integrity & the unit I was intending to purchase ? We must be careful not to let everything become a shopping channel because the stories get taller & indeed the "hifi" will get worse for the money.   :)

Edited by garn63
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, George 47 said:

And it is at times like these you should remember who your friends are....:rofl:

I keep a list of anyone who has ever bought me a large single malt. It's not too late, for anyone...

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Madvinyljunkie II said:

Sorry if this is the wrong place but I have to ask what is the point of a CD player having FIVE!!!!  boxes. 

image.png

I wonder why he has not got a TAD cd player also to match his TAD amps ?

He mentioned its the reason why he selected TAD amps to match his TAD loudspeakers perfectly...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ANADROL-50 said:

I wonder why he has not got a TAD cd player also to match his TAD amps ?

He mentioned its the reason why he selected TAD amps to match his TAD loudspeakers perfectly...

Is too much TAD...a tad too much?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, savvypaul said:

Guilty as charged. It has been pointed out to me, by my kids, that I only bother to indicate when I don't actually know where I'm going - like some sort of instruction to self. Fortunately, I'm usually going very slowly, so other road users get to work it out before it actually happens.

OT: I get car drivers turning left from a wide main road into a main road and just before they make the turn they swing out right into the next lane. Do they think it's an artic or something?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, TIU said:

OT: I get car drivers turning left from a wide main road into a main road and just before they make the turn they swing out right into the next lane. Do they think it's an artic or something?

My house is number 6. The day I bought my first Volvo estate, I met my friend in the pub and he said...

"...is that your new car parked outside number 5, 6 & 7?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

When I owned 3 Citroen DSs, plus a Traction Avant, I had similar effect! Nowhere to park the Dyane I used for deliveries!

fullsizeoutput_27.jpeg

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Hornucopia said:

When I owned 3 Citroen DSs, plus a Traction Avant, I had similar effect! Nowhere to park the Dyane I used for deliveries!

fullsizeoutput_27.jpeg

­čśŹ

19 minutes ago, Hornucopia said:

fullsizeoutput_27.jpeg

What a beauty­čśŹ

I guess this guy has more than enough money to spend on a hobby compare to most of us. But┬áI think his experience is not enough to stop learning. This is only my opinion from what IÔÇÖve seen in the video.

Edited by Iceman´╗┐ 16
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Madvinyljunkie II said:

I still can't get my head around the five! Box CD player.....

So you take a CD that anyone can buy/own and put it in a cd player & it reads it and plays music­čĹŹ What difference does it possibly make sending it thru other boxes of electronics to finally go to the pre/power and on to the speakers. Surely the more you mess about with it the more chance of making a bugger of it.

I just think it's a load of bollocksimage.png.c928a5e59fbf32432ef9ae1d3f201087.png

Mate I think you might just be shitting yourself a bit given you too have an Esoteric disc spinner and now you are feeling slightly inadequate with your meager one box offering...

• Haha 1

I paid £1100 for mine & it's brilliant he paid 90k & I can't see him getting 88.9k worth of improvement:doh::nup:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Madvinyljunkie II said:

I paid £1100 for mine & it's brilliant he paid 90k & I can't see him getting 88.9k worth of improvement:doh::nup:

Haters gonna hate┬á­čśť

• Haha 1

Nah I just don't get it mate ­čĄö

• Upvote 1

• Tony_J changed the title to I wish I had this bloke's hi-fi budget...