Cats- and other pets- enjoying music...

Monitor Gold Ten

Super Wammer

Lord Boots, a local cat likes to visit. He seems to grab the listening position and will sit for hours just chilling out. 

He seems to be most comfortable with Jazz, Classical Music add almost anything with female vocals. Especially Joni Mitchell and Sarabeth Tucek. 

He does not appreciate Dance Music or anything at "Realistic Volume Levels" unless it is one of his preferred types of music. 

Here is a picture of him asking for music... 

_20210303_224205.JPG

• Like 9

Super Wammer

Apparently cats dont have much interest in rhythm. You can buy a CD of music for Cats.

• Like 1

My cats have always liked a bit of Bach, strange choice for a cat you might think.

Mrs Twinkle Tits would vacate the room as soon as I started listening to music but always came back when she heard Bach. Toby would come downstairs as soon as he heard Bach and contentedly sit on my lap. Strange but true.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Monitor Gold Ten said:

Lord Boots, a local cat likes to visit. He seems to grab the listening position and will sit for hours just chilling out. 

He seems to be most comfortable with Jazz, Classical Music add almost anything with female vocals. Especially Joni Mitchell and Sarabeth Tucek. 

He does not appreciate Dance Music or anything at "Realistic Volume Levels" unless it is one of his preferred types of music. 

Here is a picture of him asking for music... 

_20210303_224205.JPG

The 2021 version of HMV's 'Nipper with the horn' (if you'll pardon the expression).

• Like 1

Super Wammer
4 minutes ago, Gray said:

The 2021 version of HMV's 'Nipper with the horn' (if you'll pardon the expression).

That's what I thought when he was doing this! I grabbed this picture quickly! Was just in from work! 😂

32 minutes ago, Radioham said:

Apparently cats dont have much interest in rhythm. You can buy a CD of music for Cats.

:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Monitor Gold Ten said:

That's what I thought when he was doing this! I grabbed this picture quickly! Was just in from work! 😂

Cute (until it hangs off the grille by its claws 😱).

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Perhaps you should give D. Scarlatti's Fuga del gatto (The Cat's Fugue) a spin.  Scarlatti did not give the work the name, but it was possibly inspired by Scarlatti's cat walking across the keyboard.  It's a plausible story.  ;)  It seems it was known to do this. 

1033323594funny-cat-on-turntable-spinnin

Perhaps Biber's Die Katz (The Cat) will prove similarly annoying.  xD

• Like 2

Super Wammer
49 minutes ago, Gray said:

Cute (until it hangs off the grille by its claws 😱).

All he does is look and head bunt the 'speakers. He will claw away at the sofa but that doesn't matter to me! 😅

• Haha 1

Larry loved my class A Krell power amp. 

I installed a well spaced toughened glass sheet so she could stay warm on top of it and the amp could still be well ventilated and fur-free. 

f7VZCnm.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Colour matched. 

Sooty and my Melody valve amp. Part of a system in my conservatory for a while with the amp safely (?) tucked away under a wicker chair. 

yrA5jnF.jpeg

• Like 8

Bugsy sneaking in behind an Usher speaker. 

AtRqzFz.jpeg

• Like 7

A couple of very naughty kittens - Sooty and Larry - playing on my Avantgarde Uno speaker. 

I had rigged up a protective screen around each speaker, but that didn't seem to work very well 

u8DVv6k.jpeg

• Like 6

Roly on my lap enjoying a concert. 

lsxEVAw.jpeg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, JANDL100 said:

lsxEVAw.jpeg

Is that Sergiu Celibidache?  If so, El Klassiko would be just as fast asleep as the cat appears to be there.  :zzzz:

• Haha 3