We've never had it so good. A stereo amplifier delivered to your door for £7!

eddie-baby

You got one Eddie?

6 minutes ago, Madvinyljunkie II said:

You got one Eddie?

No, but I did a while back buy two of these, which were at the time £11.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QF93WWL/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

71pcas-5beL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

So by the time I bought a housing and faffed around worked it out more than these.

The ones I bought actually sounded alright, apart from they do have some hiss and not completely silent on idle, although you do not notice that when playing music at all.

It's going the opposite the way to the tread running about a 300k system atm would anyone make a video with a £7 amp in🤔

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Madvinyljunkie II said:

It's going the opposite the way to the tread running about a 300k system atm would anyone make a video with a £7 amp in🤔

lol, I can give you a video demo if you want of my finished product. Running a set of £1400 speakers from the 90s :) and fairly demanding speakers at that.

Edited by eddie-baby
  • Upvote 1

How mine turned out :) I know, I know, I should have patented the design and Naim are just going to rip it off, but hey ho, I love Hi-Fi and I want to get the good stuff out there as well :D I know how these designers struggle coming up with new things.

a1_r.jpg.9a4abe4949a259a5654e5369ac891a2d.jpg

a2_r.jpg.f20e3a06eb5c7df0d0b28a0887e45d58.jpg

• Like 2

Nah - no good - they don't go up to 11...:D

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

Nah - no good - they don't go up to 11...:D

and they’re black

• Haha 1

On 20/10/2021 at 13:04, bigrod said:

and they’re black

And they don't have pretty Valves! :nup::minikev:

On 20/10/2021 at 11:55, Madvinyljunkie II said:

With the right speakers and set-up there's a reasonable chance it'd sound better than the £300k system. Or if it didn't, there's a few sub £100 used ebayed amps that would do the job.

You can buy some reasonable sounding solid state amps for less than £100 off ebay. They are the amps against which this £7 amp would need to compete.

I'd be happy to watch a "Let's turn Source First on its head" video. Plus a "How little do we need to spend to beat this £300k system for sound quality?" video.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, lindsayt said:

With the right speakers and set-up there's a reasonable chance it'd sound better than the £300k system.

As bold as a statement that is I don't disagree with it. There's no hiding low quality speakers, cheap amplifiers well matched to speakers and a room it's a different story. Overall sound is subjective to the listener anyhow. And as for a source well designed digital its often hard to distinguish one from the next. There's some exotic dacs which are seductive and euphoric to listen to don't get me wrong. I have also listened to plenty of cheap digital which sound like glass breaking to my ears as well. But amplifiers is often a case of don't waste a lot of your money.

Of course if you want a big expense desirable amp that's your prerogative. The same as people live in houses too big for them or buy fast cars that they can't drive faster than 70 anyway. 

1 hour ago, lindsayt said:

Plus a "How little do we need to spend to beat this £300k system for sound quality?" video.

This would be good! 

As long as your prepared to use the same speakers as the 300k system, it might even be a lot less than people would imagine.

Although cheaper 'good' speakers might do it comfortably as well.