Super Wammer

Is this just about the grooved plinth, or something else?

https://twitter.com/linnproducts/status/1451820880011612162?s=20

Edited by sunbeamgls
  • Like 1

Super Wammer

Grooved Afro still floats my boat.  The definitive look. 

• Like 2

Super Wammer
5 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Radikal 2 and Exstatik cartridge as far as we know.

’troll

Ah, so just official release of what was already known :)

• Upvote 3

Super Wammer
4 hours ago, Mr Kandid said:

Last years news. 🥱

Oops!  :)

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, sunbeamgls said:

Ah, so just official release of what was already known :)

Additionally I think are the plinths being available again in fluted fashion. 🤐

There’s a fluted plinth option in the September pricelist (which also shows that the Klimax LP12 has gone up by almost £3k since March, although it still includes Kandid rather than Ekstatik as part of the Klimax LP12 package)…

Mick

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MickC said:

There’s a fluted plinth option in the September pricelist (which also shows that the Klimax LP12 has gone up by almost £3k since March, although it still includes Kandid rather than Ekstatik as part of the Klimax LP12 package)…

Mick

Cheers Mick 

£200 extra for flutes.

£838 in UK 

The Klimax list will probably change after 30/10 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr Kandid said:

The Klimax list will probably change after 30/10 

I’m assuming so, although Ekstatik is listed there separately too, at £5,500…

Edited by MickC

15 minutes ago, MickC said:

I’m assuming so, although Ekstatik is listed there separately too, at £5,500…

Looking at that list seems like they've included the Exstatik in the Klimax setup at extra dosh.

The list I've got deletes the Kandid from the Klimax components but shows the trade in values now bottom left.

C364DC03-B525-421A-83C4-832BB30CAA2E.png

Edited by Mr Kandid
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, MickC said:

Mick

The revised price list was sent out a few days after the original one.  The Ekstatik is included in the price shown for the Klimax LP12, it was just mistakenly not put in the list of components instead of the Kandid.  Fluted plinths are indeed a stock item and are to be regularly available going forward.  They are built in the 5 standard finishes (Cherry, Oak, Walnut, Rosenut and Black Ash) but not in any of the special color/finish options.  The Majik LP12 can also be ordered with a fluted plinth.  Interestingly the same price list with the Ekstatik error also showed the Majik LP12 with fluted plinth as being less than the standard one instead of more.  That was also corrected.  The fluted plinth adds $215 US to the price of any LP12 and is also available separately for $1155 (strangely $213 more than the standard plinth).

And, yes, October 30th is now the official public announcement date.  That is when Linn and dealers will bombard social media with images and info to see if Linn can generate Apple level new product interest.  Might as well set your sights high!  Although with a tag line like "The original and best...er" some additional work might be needed.:minikev:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Super Wammer

Would I be correct in thinking that those prices for the Klimax LP12 include the Klimax Radikal2?

12 minutes ago, Wenge1 said:

Would I be correct in thinking that those prices for the Klimax LP12 include the Klimax Radikal2?

Yes, the price for a complete Klimax LP12 includes the machined Radikal 2 (Klimax) and the Ekstatik. $28,200 in the US.

Edited by ThomasOK
  • Like 1