HH Scott 299c integrated

sparcki

i i have just picked a working HH Scott 299c complete with schematic and all original user manuals.
The guy i bought it from said one7591 tube was broken but all else would be good to go once replaced, everything looks original.
 I am looking for recommendations as where to get it checked over and serviced.

Thanks in advance ( based in Newcastle upon tyne UK)

Jez is Newcastle way and highly thought of for valve units

Arkless Electronics. 01670 530674 1pm - 9pm 7 days a week.

If you are prepared to post then I would recommend speaking to Mike Barker of Devizes, Wiltshire (tel. 01380 860787).  He has considerable experience valve amps including Scotts.  There are a number of versions of the Scott 299C and yours having the 7591 tubes indicates it is a later one.  Mike rewound the output transformers on my 299D and made me aware that it was a 2nd version model and differed from the 1st version which I also own.

Hope you get it right as these are truly wonderful integrated amplifiers with their 40W/ch output and superb build quality.

My Fisher 500C has a 7591 output stage like the Scott. I did the inital refurbish myself but it's now maintained by the Vintage Vet in Leicester. He applied a mod to the output stage that makes balancing up new output valves a quick and easy job.

Neil is a great guy and highly recommended.

http://www.vintage-vet.co.uk/