Wtd. CD player or transport £100

grahamfocal

As title, cd player or transport around £100

Love an old 90s machine if you have one.

Not too worried about cosmetic condition but must be working perfectly, ideally with remote 

Thanks all

I’ve got a 1990 Philips CD620. TDA1541 DAC. Philips CDM 4/19 transport. Pretty much mint condition with remote control. Maybe over your budget, though, as I’d like about £130 plus postage for it. 

• Like 1

Thanks. Might come back to you, see what other people have to offer.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

I brought a Sony SACD/ CD / DVD player £60 on eBay .. it had a few marks on the top .. great player . Can’t see any marks when it slots in to a shelf

109E2006-ED74-48B3-B15D-0BBC7CD47FD0.jpeg

• Like 2

Super Wammer
12 minutes ago, bigrod said:

I brought a Sony SACD/ CD / DVD player £60 on eBay .. it had a few marks on the top .. great player . Can’t see any marks when it slots in to a shelf

109E2006-ED74-48B3-B15D-0BBC7CD47FD0.jpeg

I have just bought the very same one Julian only in black & in terrific shape for £50, planning on trying a few dacs with it but it sounds pretty good as it is.

• Like 1

The DVD player option is a good idea, Sony and Denon are particularly good.

I was reading an article on the Lampizator archive and he reckoned some of the most under rated CD players were Philips CD751, Philips CD753 and Marantz CD5000. All use the Philips TDA1549 DAC and can be obtained for a lot less than £100.

I'm looking for a Marantz CD5000 to try it out.

• Like 1

Coax or optical

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bertiebee said:

The DVD player option is a good idea, Sony and Denon are particularly good.

I was reading an article on the Lampizator archive and he reckoned some of the most under rated CD players were Philips CD751, Philips CD753 and Marantz CD5000. All use the Philips TDA1549 DAC and can be obtained for a lot less than £100.

I'm looking for a Marantz CD5000 to try it out.

Thanks, will have a look

Ive had great results with the denon bdp2012 and pioneer bdp 51/71 blu ray players.They are slow to load but sonically the equal of my old theta when used as a transport. They are genuinely that good imho..

3 minutes ago, frankiefarrell said:

Ive had great results with the denon bdp2012 and pioneer bdp 51/71 blu ray players.They are slow to load but sonically the equal of my old theta when used as a transport. They are genuinely that good imho..

Ohhh in that case, I might try my pioneer, as I have the bdp51..thanks for the tip.

Super Wammer

My Denon is available. Professional series. Excellent condition with AES, Coax and Toslink outputs. Not a bad player and even has balanced outputs. 
Yours for £100 plus post. No remote because it’s a professional unit. Ran it with my Copland DAC.

9C1C1EE8-3C13-4F54-924D-1E3F802DB6A8.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, radiant red said:

My Denon is available. Professional series. Excellent condition with AES, Coax and Toslink outputs. Not a bad player and even has balanced outputs. 
Yours for £100 plus post. No remote because it’s a professional unit. Ran it with my Copland DAC.

9C1C1EE8-3C13-4F54-924D-1E3F802DB6A8.jpeg

Now that has caught my attention!

Will pm you 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grahamfocal said:

Ohhh in that case, I might try my pioneer, as I have the bdp51..thanks for the tip.

Definitely give it a go. A fine transport to my ears anyway.

• Roo locked this topic