Enjoyment. My System sounds good right now.

garn63

Super Wammer

There seem to be alot of threads discussing hardware. It would be nice to know about how much folks are enjoying their systems, but most importantly the tunes & music played on them.

Today everything sounds lovely & is just pure enjoyment whatever I decide to play.  Am fortunate to be in this position & glad I am not having "the itch" to try something else. Finding a set up that suits our enviroment/ears & indeed pockets can be a long haul.  I listen to mainly streamed music but am playing more CDs these days by using a dac that has a valve in the output stage. Wonderful.  Both formats sound good & I should stick with what I have.  :whistle:  All is good in my listening world whatever I decide to play.   :)

* Jazz is good on Qobuz. Brilliant !

Edited by garn63
  • Like 14

• Administrator

People who post only in two channel but not in the music sections are maybe still searching for nirvana but the music is always first and foremost regardless of the hardware . Just saying . I'm off  to make some pies for the flinging thats about to occur 😀

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Good to hear a fellow-satisfied human - just rolling with the punches and letting it flow.

I'm feeling the same vibe; but helped by the fact that my amplifier has JUST been fixed by a friend who is a genius electrical engineer.

Nice: after no music for 3 months!

• Like 5

Super Wammer

TBH, I 've been happy with mine for a few years.

Even happier after a couple of changes over the past 2 months.

Just enjoying the music on whatever format.

• Like 4

Super Wammer

I've been through a lot of box swapping in the last 5 years, and spent some serious wedge in the last 18 months on kit + had numerous failures this year. But finally I'm in that, all is good in my hifi world place. 

Yes I'm finally happy with my system, my analogue sounds amazing to me as does CD, the streaming side of things also sounds good. Not up to the level of the other two but then I don't give much significance to it, treating it like a radio, though at times it does excel and draw my attention it. 

Atlast I can now just sit back and enjoy the music, safe in the knowledge I would need to sell a kidney to improve the SQ though not necessarily my enjoyment. 

Getting the MLs was the final piece of the hifi puzzle for me. 

Edited by Lurch
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Lurch said:

I've been through a lot of box swapping in the last 5 years, and spent some serious wedge in the last 18 months on kit + had numerous failures this year. But finally I'm in that, all is good in my hifi world place. 

Yes I'm finally happy with my system, my analogue sounds amazing to me as does CD, the streaming side of things also sounds good. Not up to the level of the other two but then I don't give much significance to it, treating it like a radio, though at times it does excel and draw my attention it. 

Atlast I can now just sit back and enjoy the music, safe in the knowledge I would need to sell a kidney to improve the SQ though not necessarily my enjoyment. 

Getting the MLs was the final piece of the hifi puzzle for me. 

Yeah, right. Whatever you say John.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, garn63 said:

Am fortunate to be in this position & glad I am not having "the itch" to try something else.

Klassik has had some of Klassik's stereo equipment for over 30 years now.  Not all of it has been around that long, but anyway, Klassik is more than satisfied with how everything sounds.  

32 minutes ago, garn63 said:

I listen to mainly streamed music but am playing more CDs these days by using a dac that has a valve in the output stage. Wonderful.  Both formats sound good & I should stick with what I have.  :whistle:

Klassik uses streaming for a lot of listening these days.  Most of it is to try to discover music new to Klassik, find old pieces of music Klassik heard long ago, and to hear things that others have sent to ole' Klassik.  That said, when Klassik finds something Klassik likes, Klassik still likes buying it on CD if possible.  In other cases, Klassik will buy it in digital file form and will either burn it to a CD-R or, in some cases, even put it on cassette tape.  :o  As you can see, Klassik likes physical media.  Klassik quite enjoys dropping in a disc/tape, hitting play, and then enjoy the music without much thought at all given towards interaction with the electronics.  Klassik might sit and listen carefully, dance while doing copious amounts of pelvic thrusts, or maybe even exercise in some other form if the music leads Klassik in that direction.  What more could anyone ask for?  :shaggers:

35 minutes ago, DUVET II said:

People who post only in two channel but not in the music sections are maybe still searching for nirvana but the music is always first and foremost regardless of the hardware . Just saying . I'm off  to make some pies for the flinging thats about to occur 😀

Klassik probably posts more in the 2 Channel forum than in the music forums, but don't confuse that for Klassik caring more about '2 Channel' than music.  Klassik posts about music if Klassik has a specific thought, question, or recommendation.  If someone else has a meaningful thought or question, Klassik will respond if Klassik believes Klassik has something meaningful to say.  Otherwise, Klassik prefers listening to music over talking about it.  Klassik likes a lot of pretty obscure classical music.  The number of people interested in such things is rather small. 

In the small circle of classical music fans in Klassik's social circle, we rarely talk about music these days.  We like what we like and there is no expectation that anyone else will like what we like.  We don't expect anyone to really care about what we like either.  xD  Although it is music which brought us together, we usually end up discussing much different topics such as philosophy, politics, economics, sociology, history, international current events, parmo, and women.   :bouncey:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
8 minutes ago, Baggawire said:

Yeah, right. Whatever you say John.😀

When you come tthe BO on  the 14th, you'll see why I said the above. The 5 changes I've made since the last BO have really consolidated things. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lurch said:

When you come tthe BO on  the 14th, you'll see why I said the above. The 5 changes I've made since the last BO have really consolidated things. 

I refer the learned gentleman to my previous comment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I've been very happy with my setup for years. The only things I do are either out of neccessity (replacing a catridge on its last legs) or for a rare upgrade (when I am absolutely certain it will be an upgrade, not just a change).

Any other changes are purely for the fun of experimenting, and building stuff that is slightly better than the last version. But that bit is easily as much about the fun and satisfaction of building things as it is about any improvements.

To my ears, it's now exactly the presentation and sound I've always wanted, so anything I change is just tinkering round the edges, or getting just a bit more.

Of course it could be better. Anything could be better. The main thing is that I don't feel the need to make it better and I don't feel I'm missing out on anything. Also, whenever I switch it on, I always end up listening for far longer and to far more than I'd planned. That's good enough for me.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

I have been very happy with my system for some time but my dogs have now taken up most of the free time that I have. I wouldn't have it any other way and when I do get the opportunity for a proper sit down, I really enjoy it.

20211010_144727.jpg

20211010_151531.jpg

• Like 15

Super Wammer
1 minute ago, oldius said:

I have been very happy with my system for some time but my dogs have now taken up most of the free time that I have. I wouldn't have it any other way and when I do get the opportunity for a proper sit down, I really enjoy it.

20211010_144727.jpg

20211010_151531.jpg

Lovely.  Like you I use the bulk of my energy for the day to walk my dog. When he's on his chair with feet up in the air...its my time, & I unashamedly enjoy listening to music.  :)

• Like 4

@oldius You got a new phone Geoff ? That's a crackin' photo of Bess .

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

ive been happy with my system for the last twenty years. probably because ive not listened to any high end stuff since i bought it.

i am just discovering the joys of DAC/headphone listening though.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

@oldius You got a new phone Geoff ? That's a crackin' photo of Bess .

Same one - beach lighting does wonders! She's a healthy and happy dog now and it shows, I think.

Edited by oldius
  • Like 4