Amazon Music is it any good?

Madvinyljunkie

Super Wammer
5 minutes ago, orbscure said:

Thats brilliant Pete it will be very helpful:notworthy:

• Upvote 1

It depends on how you are playing it, I could not get on with it on my Bluesound Node, it was the HD version. I would pay a bit more for Qobuz but try it for free. You can try them all for free. Spotify maybe doing a cd quality streaming service soon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
8 minutes ago, StingRay said:

It depends on how you are playing it, I could not get on with it on my Bluesound Node, it was the HD version. I would pay a bit more for Qobuz but try it for free. You can try them all for free. Spotify maybe doing a cd quality streaming service soon.

Not really that fussed about going up the quality ladder from what I've read it should work fine with my Sonos Connect👍 My main use is to try new music then if I like it I buy a hard copy cd/lp.

8 minutes ago, Madvinyljunkie II said:

Not really that fussed about going up the quality ladder from what I've read it should work fine with my Sonos Connect👍 My main use is to try new music then if I like it I buy a hard copy cd/lp.

Would you still want a physical copy if the quality was equivalent, or even sometimes better? I know for many the answer is yes but just putting the idea out there...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Would you still want a physical copy if the quality was equivalent, or even sometimes better? I know for many the answer is yes but just putting the idea out there...

I just enjoy the ritual of playing my music too much

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For me Amazon HD is the best value streaming service at £7.99 if you have Amazon Prime. Sound quality is as good as Qobuz  IMO. Having said that I never got on with Amazon when I had my node, I wish I could use it remotely with my phone although this is not a problem when using my Roksan dongle on my laptop to DAC.  If you are wondering what the interface looks like you can look at my posts in What are you listening to right now.

i dont know if its just my imagination, but songs sound better to me listening to tidal than they do with amazon music. 

listening on headphones through a zen dac. 

I can only echo the above on using Amazon HD with the Bluesound Node 2i - the interface is not great and I couldn't see if I was selecting high Res albums until I started playing them. I'm now using Qobuz and although it's a little more expensive it works well with BluOS. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator

I have the new Node . The fact that as an existing prime member they will not give me a free three month trial means for the moment I will stick to Qobuz through Roon using the Mac Air as a core.  I like  Roon  as I can customise sampling rates and I can see various versions of an album as red book or 24/192 etc . 

24 minutes ago, myles said:

I can only echo the above on using Amazon HD with the Bluesound Node 2i - the interface is not great and I couldn't see if I was selecting high Res albums until I started playing them. I'm now using Qobuz and although it's a little more expensive it works well with BluOS. 

I agree, could not tell which was HD or mp3, then checking on the computer I found some HD albums, had only 1 track in HD. There was little info. about the albums, such remaster year and the search function was poor. Also you could not go straight from the album to the artists other albums, as you can on Tidal, Deezer, Qobuz. Qobuz is looking good value now. I’m still waiting for Spotify to do cd streaming which they said they would do this year.

Edited by StingRay
  • Upvote 1

I've been using it for a few months now through my Topping D50S and the sound quality is easily as good as cd, no complaints here 👍