FS: Funk Firm FXR-2 Tonearm

Blade

For sale is my Funk Firm FXR2 tonearm which has been installed on my Rega Planar 3. 

I am selling because I have moved to an LP12.

I bought this tonearm from Arthur K at The Funk Firm back in April 2020 during lockdown. I have to say its been a revelation, accompanied with my Groovetracer Reference Sub Platter and Platter (which are shortly going up for sale too).

Have a look at the Funk website for the details.

They retail at £1250.

I am looking for around £750.

FXR 3.jpg

FXR 2.jpg

FXR2 Full.jpg

• Like 1

Were you not tempted to try it on your lp12?

13 minutes ago, hiesteem said:

Were you not tempted to try it on your lp12?

I did think about it but I am pretty happy with the Akito (its the latest one) plus I have decided not to tinker. I ended up with a great sounding Rega Frankin Deck which nobody would ever buy. Hence taking it apart and selling the components.

The FXR2 is a great arm and really transformed the Rega. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blade said:

I did think about it but I am pretty happy with the Akito (its the latest one) plus I have decided not to tinker. I ended up with a great sounding Rega Frankin Deck which nobody would ever buy. Hence taking it apart and selling the components.

The FXR2 is a great arm and really transformed the Rega. 

Yes, I would do the same. The Akito is a good arm and works really well on the Linn.  Did you get the latest bearing upgrade. I understand it transforms the Lp12.

7 minutes ago, Blade said:

Yes its got the Karousel, Kore, Lingo 4 and Tramp 2.

I love it !

Sounds like an Akurate level Linn. With Crystal cartridge of course!   I'm jealous!  All I got left of my turntable is an old Linn Asaka, which will go off for a rebuild should I dip my toes into vinyl again. Won't hesitate to get the latest majik lp12 if I do, in it's latest spec.

Its an Akurate Level Linn without the Crystal !

Im running an AT VM750SH through a Graham Slee Reflex M Phono. Moved to MC next year maybe. Just enjoying the listening..............

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Blade said:

£650 ?

Great price!

Would it directly replace a Rega arm? Same mount?