Wanted Speakers up to 6k

tackleberry

Super Wammer

When you say "up to £6k" do you mean you want to spend close to that? If so, I'd have to inflate the price of these substantially! Plan is to replace ferrofluid, put up alongside Posselts in Kendal for a few months and decide which to keep/let go. That's been the plan for past 2 years but life keeps getting in the way... happy to consider a Plan B if of any interest at all.

Here alongside active SCM40A's which are the best £10k+ speaker I've heard but costing close to £6k and would be my strong recommendation if actives were on the agenda.

IMG_5050.thumb.jpg.c003b15107d6586797eebb50f88c4713.jpg

• Like 2

On 07/11/2021 at 18:07, tnorvaisas said:

I will be selling my JBL K2 S9800 SE soon. A bit more money than £6k though.

Now there is a speaker I could be interested in buying. Heard a pair, admittedly only at low volume and thought they were stunning. Do you have any details please (PM if you'd prefer).

1 hour ago, Bertiebee said:

Now there is a speaker I could be interested in buying. Heard a pair, admittedly only at low volume and thought they were stunning. Do you have any details please (PM if you'd prefer).

Please send a PM if interested.

There is a pair of Magnepan 3.7 on eBay. Not much better out there for sub £6k apart from 20.1's 

On 07/11/2021 at 14:45, tackleberry said:

ATC scm50 or 100 (preferably 100 for my room!)

You'll struggle to find any in your budget but the active SCM40s mentioned by @TheFlash are the obvious model to consider if you've liked their bigger brothers.

Edited by MartinC

Super Wammer

ah paul . as a verity audio nutcase i can say they beautiful  . they are superb . these MAY be a tad overpriced but depends on provenance 

there have been several versions of parsifal 

there is a similar pair on hifi for sale at 2750 

https://www.hifi-forsale.co.uk/moreinfo7.php?prod_title=verity_parsifal_encore&p=&prod_id=95591&q=verity&offset=

they are incredibly versatile as the lower woofer can face forwards or backwards . beautiful sound from these and they deserve to be more well known 

they take months and months to sell . would love a pair of the verity speakers again one day . one or two on here use them 

Super Wammer

i was specially going to the hi fi news show at ascot this year just to hear Verity but they postponed it till next year . elite audio is only importer as far as i know 

Super Wammer
On 07/11/2021 at 14:45, tackleberry said:

Looking for a pair of floorstanders up to this price. Active or passive.

before I take the decision to build an active model tomorrow!

31 minutes ago, Knipester said:

They're not floorstanders... and if he wanted an all-in-one he could just get a Sonos...

:flowers:

:minikev:

Edited by TheFlash
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheFlash said:

They're not floorstanders... and if he wanted an all-in-one he could just get a Sonos...

:flowers:

:minikev:

A mind is like a parachute, it works best when it’s open 

2 hours ago, tackleberry said:

Smart those!!!

We had the pleasure of hearing the full size floor standers kii-three bxt at a bakeoff a few years back ,  we where very split on who liked them , me for one hated them , ive nether heard a class d amp i like and these where no different , no emotion to them , no distortion either they have world class resolution staging and everything else but i could not connect to them emotionally at all , 

Edited by GLB

Super Wammer
59 minutes ago, Knipester said:

A mind is like a parachute, it works best when it’s open 

And well-packed. And active!