Jump to content

From your listening chair...


garn63

Recommended Posts

Christmas is in November, now?

How did I miss that meeting?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, savvypaul said:

Christmas is in November, now?

How did I miss that meeting?

It's perfectly acceptable to think about Christmas from Jan 1st onwards 😉.

Christmas was shite last year, so we've gone in early. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Amormusic said:

It's perfectly acceptable to think about Christmas from Jan 1st onwards 😉.

Christmas was shite last year, so we've gone in early. 

I'd have Christmas in July or August. The weather is so much better.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And...our electric has been off since Friday. Be gutted if I'd spent all day Thursday putting the fairy lights up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
Moderator
36 minutes ago, savvypaul said:

And...our electric has been off since Friday. Be gutted if I'd spent all day Thursday putting the fairy lights up.

Whatever you do, be careful not to put the fairy lights up yourself...

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rabski said:

Whatever you do, be careful not to put the fairy lights up yourself...

If it makes me a few degrees warmer...

In fact, I think that so many people putting their lights up in November is what has caused the power cuts.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, rabski said:

Whatever you do, be careful not to put the fairy lights up yourself...

Sounds like a Gary Delany joke... 😂 Of course he wasnt referrring to put lights on a Christmas tree

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
Moderator
35 minutes ago, rabski said:

Whatever you do, be careful not to put the fairy lights up yourself...

Try not to put the tree up yourself too ...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
Moderator
3 hours ago, jazzcat said:

Here’s one from the sweet spot.

 97BB3217-521D-40F8-BEA8-D96D60E9E444.thumb.jpeg.92b74fdab1a86a4ad2164b72fc3c57c0.jpeg

I don't know how long you've had them, or what you've tried. But if you haven't... try toeing them in. A lot. It looks strange and may not make sense, but in most layouts with LVs, the image really snaps into focus when you do that. Over the years, I've had mine arranged just about every possible way, but I've got them now comparatively extremely far apart and toed in to point to a spot about 1 m in front of the listening position. It certainly works here. They can turn from 'excellent' into 'spectacular'.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting. The only other LVs so far (unless I've missed them), and also using 845s cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif
You may have missed mine (post 134) . Powered by a BP 300b SE that you can't see from my listening seat.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since Covid I'm WFH so my home office is my dedicated listening room, unfortunately with my back turned to it most of the time

RtGZxWo.jpg

  • Like 12
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
Moderator
44 minutes ago, hificricketboy said:

You may have missed mine (post 134) emoji846.png. Powered by a BP 300b SE that you can't see from my listening seat.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

 

Yup. I did miss them Rob. Very nice indeed

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rabski said:

I don't know how long you've had them, or what you've tried. But if you haven't... try toeing them in. A lot. It looks strange and may not make sense, but in most layouts with LVs, the image really snaps into focus when you do that. Over the years, I've had mine arranged just about every possible way, but I've got them now comparatively extremely far apart and toed in to point to a spot about 1 m in front of the listening position. It certainly works here. They can turn from 'excellent' into 'spectacular'.

I have had them for 8 months now and haven’t tried that kind of toe in. Will definitely experiment. Having them more apart is not possible in the current room. I have them about 2.3 meters apart and sweet spot is about 4 meters. Haven’t find that optimal placement yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Three sheds said:

I had a Rega Brio based system with bookshelf speakers for many years, and still have a Rega Apollo CDP in my system now. In my previous room the combination worked a treat and it was only when I moved everything into a larger room did there become an obvious need for floor standers and more welly.

Mine too gave me enormous pleasure, although in those days I was not exposed to any hifi forums 🙂 

I enjoyed the Brio very much, so jumped at the chance to upgrade to an Elex-R, which is superb. I’m moving away from CDs so I moved the Apollo on and have used a variety of older players from my (too large) collection. It’s currently a Rotel RCD-951. I also upgraded the P1 to a P2, which was a good upgrade but did make me realise how good the P1 is.

p.s. I’ve updated my profile 😬 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Countryman said:

I enjoyed the Brio very much, so jumped at the chance to upgrade to an Elex-R, which is superb. I’m moving away from CDs so I moved the Apollo on and have used a variety of older players from my (too large) collection. It’s currently a Rotel RCD-951. I also upgraded the P1 to a P2, which was a good upgrade but did make me realise how good the P1 is.

p.s. I’ve updated my profile 😬 

That explains it - when I was looking at your photo it did occur to me that I couldn't quite make out the clam shape style of the older Brio and Apollo :)

I home demoed the Elex-R and yes it is superb, if I was still in my older room it would have been all I ever needed.

My Apollo will be the next item I replace - if I can navigate the vast range of streamers, DAC's, transports and CDP's. Funnily enough my Apollo replaced a Rotel RCD-865 (which I still have).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...