LG OLED has blown my tiny mind

410647_2_7deb.jpg

After much soul searching/review reading & price checking, finally flipped the switch on the attractively named LG OLED55CI4LB from Richer Sounds with its 6 year gtee.

LG OLED55C14LB | 55 inch OLED 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart TV | Richer Sounds

After a few days of "buyers remorse" (how could it possibly be that much better than a nine year old Panny plasma telly?) it arrived.

Firstly the screen is a shock. Its as thin as a sheet of glass! And theres no frame. So my mate & I were very cautious about handling it. However it was quick to assemble which is more than can be said about all the data filling in that seems to come with most tech stuff these days.  Finally plugged the HDMIs into the Pioneer AV & off we go. 

1st impressions, holy crap is the picture astonishingly good! And the surround sound...wow! So what to watch 1st? Blu ray of Blade Runner 2049, but not because of the screenplay. To compensate downloaded Blade Runner the Final Cut, a film thats into double figures of watching. It was like seeing it the first time. Stunning detail and sound.

Foreign travel is still a distant dream so this telly is to get us through the winter months, into better weather & maybe a bit more freedom.

410647_3_0d4f.jpg

• Like 10

Haven't seen a tv yet that's better than a properly set up OLED.  Love mine.

• Like 2

I am very jealous.

I was in John Lewis this afternoon lusting after the LG OLED televisions.

I need to work on my wife and see if we can upgrade our Panasonic to one soon and increase the size at the same time from 50" to 55"😆

OLED can do inky blacks so no wonder its popular with audiophiles.

I'm particularly impressed with mine for gaming. OLED combined with HDR makes colours "glow" in a way that has been absent since the CRT days.

I don’t do gaming, only watch films or music vids so don’t worry about latency or stuff like that. I have the digital out connected to my Meridian stuff and it sounds as good as it looks, only 2 channels though.

I had a Panny Plasma, which I thought had a brilliant image, that was until I saw my son’s LG OLED, which an almost 3D depth to the image.

Just watched David Attenborough's Green Planet in HD. Stunning!

Fabulous TV. OLED is the ass kicker of modern TV panels.

• Like 1

Got the G1 with a topcashback black Friday offer.  First thing I did was jump on iPlayer for some Attenborough action!

• Like 1

Super Wammer
On 09/01/2022 at 18:02, Warszawa said:

OLED can do inky blacks so no wonder its popular with audiophiles.

I'm particularly impressed with mine for gaming. OLED combined with HDR makes colours "glow" in a way that has been absent since the CRT days.

Does this happen due to the mains cable 🤣

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, paulbfd said:

Got the G1 with a topcashback black Friday offer.  First thing I did was jump on iPlayer for some Attenborough action!

Green Planet...who knew trees were such vicious b#stards?

• Haha 2