Sign in to follow this  
HectorHughMunro

Interesting picture from CES.

musicbox wrote:

How much is the integrated amp?

The new list price is £5800, but that is strictly for new stock so if you want one then be sharpish as the going rate for old stock is around £4,395 (the best ex demo price I got was £3.5 but I didn't push him)

I know not many wammers read reviews anymore but Choice gave it a big thump up at over 90% rating.

Retro Reproductions is a ten minute walk from my work.... an Aladin's cave of hifi bits all over the place. An atmosphere of gentle chaos prevails.

I've been there many times and bought a fair bit from him over the years, though I have to say his 2nd hand prices are a bit on the high side.

Anyway.... have you seen the size of that AMR thing! its HUGE! Can't see it fitting in many racks, and forget about getting it on my wall shelves.

if this is the same cdp (it's been a while) then i wasn't impressed with it when i heard it at a bake off - it utterly failed with electronica (was ok with classical tho if that's your bag). the designer brought it round and proceeded to blame the music, the production and anything else but his precious bit of kit, then got the hump and ignored me for the rest of the time. not the way to impress me and a symptom of why hi-fi is a dying hobby for an aging group. but that's a different rant.

looks nice though.

julian2002 wrote:

if this is the same cdp (it's been a while) then i wasn't impressed with it when i heard it at a bake off - it utterly failed with electronica (was ok with classical tho if that's your bag). the designer brought it round and proceeded to blame the music, the production and anything else but his precious bit of kit, then got the hump and ignored me for the rest of the time. not the way to impress me and a symptom of why hi-fi is a dying hobby for an aging group. but that's a different rant.

looks nice though.

I like it with electronica.I preferred it to a two box Ensemble Drive and DAC which was more than twice as much