Sign in to follow this  
Bry-Fi

21 x 9 =

That fancy ambilight thing is terrible for gaming, the amount of processing the TV has todo causes horrendous latency. Some of the older TV with it were over 2 seconds of latency. Yep press left, two seconds later you see the car drive left.

So check if there's an option to turn it off (sometimes called a 'game mode') and do minimal image processing but keep latency right down.

Bry-Fi wrote:

Bloody wide!

Have a look at this baby : Click

I likemy Panny plasma, but I'd love to give one of these a go.

:bulb:Time tosabotage all wrist straps on the Wii remotes I think. Do they make an oil wrestling game yet?

21:9 only suits a small number of films and DVD's. Nothing will ever be broadcast in that format and DVD will flag 16:9 for all widescreen content so the TV will need to be adjusted for 21:9 manually or have that often dodgy dynamic adjustment. You are looking at a lifetime of black bars down the sides and the screen ratio changing every time you get scenes change from light to dark or are heavily illuminated in the centre and dark at the sides.

The Ambi-lag may not be that bad if you can turn it off for a specific input (you wouldn't want to have to keep toggling it). Check the specs/manual to be sure. And of course for movie's you need you AV to delay the audio a bit.

I am only just after 2 years for laptop and a year for tellie getting used to 16:9 (having been quite happy with 4:3).

I usually watch only 24:10 on effective cheap HDMI projector (dislike it on 16:9 screens on principle).