Sign in to follow this  
meninblack

Volunteers wanted - listening to foo

I feel like the villain round here today. I said what I said in the interest of saving grief not causing it. A badly designed experiment will simply be poo pooed by whoever doesn't like the results.

If the difference is as obvious as we have been told we should have no difficulty telling an untreated from a treated disc, no matter how many we are asked to identify. Two discs cannot be conclusive no matter how many people try, because it doesn't test what needs testing. For want of sounding like a worn record I'll. Back out now.

Thing is, you've been arguing with a professional scientist - which kind of says a lot about the hifi industry :)

gthang wrote:

So what, plenty of incapable people have come forward to take part, in what will perhaps be interesting and possibly a bit fun. I suggest you sit back safe in the knowledge you're right and we (the participants) are totally wasting our time.

No you'll cope with the with two disc mickey mouse version okay I should think. Tara.

PS. I actually think people would cope fine with the full ten rounds.

yes i would like a chance to see if the nespa is good. i have often thought of buying one

Uncle Ants wrote:

gthang wrote:
So what, plenty of incapable people have come forward to take part, in what will perhaps be interesting and possibly a bit fun. I suggest you sit back safe in the knowledge you're right and we (the participants) are totally wasting our time.

No you'll cope with the with two disc mickey mouse version okay I should think. Tara.

PS. I actually think people would cope fine with the full ten rounds.

I'd be up for the full monty version, which would, as Tony has pointed out, have more statistical power and validity.

But if we only have the short version, it'll still be interesting, altho` in no way conclusive...

Mibby

I'd just go for it. I'm guessing there's about 20 of us now. Shall we mail our addresses to you? Or await instructions?

Tony

aswillman wrote:

Mibby

I'd just go for it. I'm guessing there's about 20 of us now. Shall we mail our addresses to you? Or await instructions?

Tony

Please PM me with addresses. I'm still thinking through the test protocol, which needs to balance cost and simplicity with effectiveness - I'm nearly there now! :D

simont wrote:

The biggest pile of pointless shit I have ever read in any one place.

Hey, thanks for your well-argued and valuable input. :D Are you related to Fred?

simont wrote:

There is a simple answer to that................

It was my pleasure.

What is well produced music?

Is it a disk that sounds great on your rig and horrid on others?

Is that not many times the case?

Have many people got systems that in some small way dictate the owners music collection?

What should the recording sound like? Should it sound like the live version,should it sound like it did in the studio? Which studio was it? Which gig was it? Can you tell?

Many things none of us would know which to me makes what your saying pointless.

Sorry had to rush this, going out I have a life

Guest oldphrt

meninblack wrote:

simont wrote:

Hey, thanks for your well-argued and valuable input. :D Are you related to Fred?

I would never be as rude. :)

blimey they're breeding!

Is that allowed?:?

simont wrote:

Try some of the other threads much more condensed shit in some of them.

Anyway i'am going to have a hoover bake off soon as i don't for one minute belive the measurements on the dyson ads.:^

Also you never find henry hoovers at the local dump.