Sign in to follow this  
Rob N

Emission Labs 300B

I haven't tried their meshplate, Jac at 'Jacmusic' will give you an honest opinion, their XLS is a cracking valve.Keith.

No experience of their 300B valves here either but I do have their 2A3 mesh plates running on my Yamamoto. Excellent valves and so much better than the RCAs that came as standard IMO.

Keith is right, a word with Jac is your best bet for an authoritative answer, he's a cool guy to chat and deal with.

Hello

I bought a quad of EML 300B-XLS's from Keith @ Purite. Also spoke with Jac @ JAC Music but at the time Keith was buying 8 300B-XLS's for his Allnic monoblocks and kindly added 4 onto his order for me!!

The EML'sarebeautifully made and packaged. Installed ina MasterSound 300BPSE integrated amp I owned at the time, they transformed it, literally night & day.

I did what I could to fairly compareEML'swithWestern Electric300'S and EAT 300's (3 makesat the top of the market) and I choseEML based on cost vs. performance ratio and who I was dealing with.

Fitted withEML'smy system at the timehadthe speed, transparency, coherence andcontrol I wanted throughout the frequency range.I listen to all types of music but mostly rock & blues and the systemwas simply musical. The ampdrove myMicro Utopia BE speakerscomfortably which is a feat beacusethey're not an easy uniform load.

Keith's service was excellent too.

I know its asubjective thing but I would definately buyEMLagain.

Regards, Martin