Sign in to follow this  
George 47

How Many CDs

How Many CDs do you own  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How many CDs do you own?

I have just about finished digitising my CDs onto a NAS. Just over 800 and at 10 mins each that is a lot of time. I managed to discover some real nice, not too much played, CDs and some shockers.

I'll just have to enjoy them all again and see what I have missed.

This is not a competition as I suspect Dean will win but just interested in the numbers people have...

Too ***ing many, I’m bulging at the seams, and still buy more :doh:. Over 1000 at the last count, and 1 or 2 vinyl albums too.:D

Well, CDs are getting to be superfluous with iTunes as source (or whatever server you choose) plus Spotify for random listening- but I still have 1700, plus same of vinyl (that big black plastic stuff!)

But I play both formats rarely and consider shedding, after downloading the choicest.(John and Yoko 'Wedding Album' anyone? -circa £300!)

Space; the final frontier?

About 3,000 - no way in Hell am I digitising that lot. :nup:

800 - 1000, I think...could be more but never count them!

JANDL100 wrote:

About 3,000 - no way in Hell am I digitising that lot. :nup:

I thought that too. But you just stick a few CDs in while on-line each time (assuming an iMac, -sep hard-drive for collection.....which is a doddle.) And suddenly....... Now have 7000+ tracks.....!:D

over 5000????!!!!:shock::shock::shock:

Whose gonna spend closing on 30/40,000 squids on music? I mean I love music, but 20/30 quid a month is it, so even if I'd been buying CD's since 1985 at that rate, I'd still only own about 1000 of em!

rockmeister wrote:

Whose gonna spend closing on 30/40,000 squids on music? I mean I love music, but 20/30 quid a month is it, so even if I'd been buying CD's since 1985 at that rate, I'd still only own about 1000 of em!

A certain geezer from up North has 12,000.......

Guest Mescalito

It took me (& my bribed offspring) 9 months to rip 6200 CDs to my NAS. A total ball-breaker which occupied far to much of my spare time.

Worth it, though. They sound better through the Akurate DS.

Also, they are now all in boxes in the attic, & the wife is delighted with a whole wall freed up in the lounge.

One other good thing, CDs which had been either misfiled on the shelving, or worse still, bunged in the wrong jewel case re-appeared after, in some cases, years.

Regards,

Chris

Guest Mescalito

rockmeister wrote:

Me.

Approx 6200 CDs since 1985. Works out at about £200/month, I suppose, but a hell of a lot of them have been bought 2nd hand.

That is one huge advantage CDs have over vinyl. I do not think I have ever bought an unplayable 2nd hand CD. Wish I could say the same about LPs.

Chris

George 47 wrote:

rockmeister wrote:

A certain geezer from up North has 12,000.......

so closing on £90,000 worth then.....please tell me that he only has an Amstrad music center from 1972:rofl:

300-500 for me, but vinyl is well into four figures