Sign in to follow this  
Rob

KT66 recommendations

You might find that GEC KT66 are not fetching crazy prices at the moment on ebay.

Nice quad of GE on there at the mo !

I tried to find some nice GEC but gave up on these, got a few from eBay sold as Good/Tested but if i test them in my tester i get lightnings inside. Currently i run with Genalex Gold Lion from new production, so far so good. (Had issues with this brand in sence of KT88) if you like NOS i would suggest to look at 6L6 or 7581 and forget KT66.

TubeLover wrote:

I tried to find some nice GEC but gave up on these, got a few from eBay sold as Good/Tested but if i test them in my tester i get lightnings inside. Currently i run with Genalex Gold Lion from new production, so far so good. (Had issues with this brand in sence of KT88) if you like NOS i would suggest to look at 6L6 or 7581 and forget KT66.

I would second TubeLover. I have just replaced some Sovtek KT66 tubes with some old GE 6L6G's and :^

If you must have KT66's then the Sovtek are good value and have been very reliable for me. Hope this helps.