Sign in to follow this  
GJO

AMR CD-77

Does anyone have any experience of this CD player as I might be in the market for a new player shortly.

Hi,

I have heard this cd player along with the matching amp and speakers. It was at a bake and the designer of this gear was there. He supplied the equipment. It looks excellent and sounds good.

I understand these cost of this player is £7295 new and I can't say it's better than anything on the market at a cheaper price. I have seen one ex-dem for £5994. You need to such and see.

I would have a look at the new Rega cd player, the Isis at just under £6000 if you fancy spending that sort of money. It has impressed on first & second listen. I hope to have a good listen this week end.

Also sample some of the Esoteric range if you fancy a one box player at that sort of price.

SCIDB

GJO Hi, I had one of these for a few weeks, make sure you hear it at home before you make any decisions'

Keith.

Well thats now out of the question then asI thought the retail wassignificantly less than quoted above @ circa 4K.

GJO wrote:

Well thats now out of the question then asI thought the retail wassignificantly less than quoted above @ circa 4K.

Me too.Last time I looked it was £4500. I heard it briefly at the last Heathrow Show with Emille amplification (can't recall which speakers??). Sounded very nice.

Shame,have heard some good reports on it,now then do I blow a grand and get the CD3 repaired or not,decisions,desinions.

Purite Audio wrote:

GJO Hi, I had one of these for a few weeks, make sure you hear it at home before you make any decisions'

Keith.

Any more info? just because you are a dealer doesn't mean you can't say it how it is!

Keith didn't seem to rate it IIRC, but then he doesn't sell them either. ;-)

I could have sold them!

Keith.

Purite Audio wrote:

I could have sold them!

Keith.

That said it all.

but like you said Kieth Demo first, there always a right sound for someone out there put it this way even nait 3 have some fans.

Yes, I have and to me it has a typical 1541 sound which some like and some

dont. I'm in the latter category.

The sound focuses on the main event in the music but hides all small details, typically ambience. Some like this very much as the music is simpler to"decode" but I think that you miss many of the recordings best parts. All the small things that happen around the main instrument.

Its week at both freq extrems.

Not my cup but maybe yours?

Built like a tank though

Michael