m7rso

Help needed near liverpool. 770es playing up again.

HI CHAPS, ANYONE ABLE TO HELP REPAIR THIS SONY 770ES BATTLESHIP AMP. I HAVE ALL OF THE SCHEMATICS.

There was a problem with the amp when Chris (Smeagol) owned it and it was repaired but it is showing the same type of problem after a short time. Crackling on both mids and cutting out.

It still starts up and can be used as a pre with no probs.

In anticipation.....CHEERS CHAPS

Hi i thought i repaired this the first time around if you can drop it round i'm in manchester and dont drive i'll have another look, i have a feeling that its the protection relays not just the dry joints i found. I did however give it the workout of its life and it didnt skip a beat for 48hrs, so any more information about the conditions in which it's happened would be great.

regards

chris

Chris you are an absolute star. I will be coughing up of course and it was working wonderfully. If you pm me your tel no I will give you a ring and sort me coming over. Nice one mate. I will pm you also.

I seem to have a similar problem just starting. Only had it 2 days. I can’t nail it down but when switching from direct to normal inputs Ive had sound breakup, then back to normal, or very light distortion momentarily while playing, then gone. Can do it after a minute or hours you never know when, is there anyone close to me with proper experience of these units? 

thanks, Craig.