JamPal

Newbie Intro's

Welcome Dave:^.

The last part of your post shows you are on the right track, you can look forward to masses of correct & incorrect opinions on which TT and valve amp is 'best':P.

It's a journey, enjoy it.

Welcome Dave:^.

The last part of your post shows you are on the right track, you can look forward to masses of correct & incorrect opinions on which TT and valve amp is 'best':P.

It's a journey, enjoy it.

Many thanks.

I did forget to mention that I spoke with Paul Jeffery from Purite North and he has been very encouraging and offered us some very sound advice regarding valve amps and turntables.

Many thanks.

I did forget to mention that I spoke with Paul Jeffery from Purite North and he has been very encouraging and offered us some very sound advice regarding valve amps and turntables.

Paul is very much one of the good guys.

Welcome in.

Many thanks.

Welcome Dave. :^

Hi my name is Dom

I am into vinyl, cassette and valves and Spanish wine and am based in London. Whilst not really known to anyone online, as I am new to forums, have known London and surrounding dealers for many years.

Cheers

Dom

- - - Updated - - -

.....and don't have permission to view my own profile...... Could be user error......

Hi my name is Dom

I am into vinyl, cassette and valves and Spanish wine and am based in London. Whilst not really known to anyone online, as I am new to forums, have known London and surrounding dealers for many years.

Cheers

Dom

Hi Dom

Please tell us more about Spanish wine....:22:

Dont be afraid to get stuck in.

Cheers

Steve

P.S. I think the thing about not being able to read your profile is an anti bot measure, a few posts and that will be enabled.

Hi all, another newbie. Mike's the name. Been lurking on here for a while, found it very informative so far. Just back from the Whittlebury show, so off to post in that thread.

Welcome to the new guys, pitch in and enjoy. Don't be afraid to start a thread on something, and post pics of your kit in the "Whats your bits and bobs" thread, so we can rip to shreds your taste in carpets / wallpaper........

Hello everyone

My name's Raja. I went to the National Audio Show in Whittlebury last weekend. I met a nice guy called James, aka MUJI, on the bus from Milton Keynes station. He recommended this forum to me.

Being at the show made me think I should sell my CD player and buy a turntable. The physical aspect of vinyl appeals to me and the sound seems more natural to me. I need some advice on what turntable set-up would best suit my system but I'm not sure where to post it. It's all a bit confusing. Any tips?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi my name is Dom

Cheers

Dom

- - - Updated - - -

.....and don't have permission to view my own profile...... Could be user error......

Hi Dom, this happened to me. Try going via the "Settings" screen rather than "My Profile".

Hello everyone

My name's Raja. I went to the National Audio Show in Whittlebury last weekend. I met a nice guy called James, aka MUJI, on the bus from Milton Keynes station. He recommended this forum to me.

Being at the show made me think I should sell my CD player and buy a turntable. The physical aspect of vinyl appeals to me and the sound seems more natural to me. I need some advice on what turntable set-up would best suit my system but I'm not sure where to post it. It's all a bit confusing. Any tips?

Hi Raja, welcome in.

2 Channel would be the best place to post such a query:-

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/forumdisplay.php?22-2-Channel-Debate

Enjoy

Steve

Hello, thought I'd introduce myself. Signed up yesterday after getting increasingly frustrated with another hi-fi website/forum.

Bought my first separates as a teenager back in the late 80s. Always been into vinyl, but have a fair few CDs too. Music-wise my tastes are...how can I say? Broad? Eclectic? Weird? Have spent the last year assembling some nice kit which has rekindled my interest in hi-fi. Hopefully I'm through the worst stages of upgrade-itis!

Cheers!

Hi Gareth, and welcome. We're a broad church here with lots of characters. Enjoy, get stuck in, don't take it too seriously because most of us don't.:D

Cheers Rick. Nice to have a welcome. I'm not one for keyboard warmongering, although my humour is sometimes misunderstood (or just not very funny)

:nuts:

Super Wammer

Hiya Gareth, I recognise the nic:) This place is very different to that other place, for the better:^