SSM

Tennis, anyone?

The title was Djokovic's to lose. This year he finally nailed it.:^

A brave show from AM. He has it harder than the other top-ranked good players in the Sampras-Agassi era. He's playing in the Federer-Nadal-Djokovic era, these three are already amongst tennis' G.O.A.T.s

Djokovic's always a step ahead of AM these days, you wonder if AM can still win a Slam or two when Djo's on form...

SS

Well played Djok,, AM didn't lay down and die, kept him honest in the 4th set, but Djok was a deserving winner.

This!!

Didn't get to see the match, hit the road half way through the second set, honestly... tell me, did he bend over, or was Joker just too good?

Andy will feel disappointed but no one would have got near Novak yesterday. Murray spent most of the last three sets running backwards to retrieve balls. Great defence but eventually he was worn down by a better player.

What's clear though is just how much work Andy has done on his game. To reach the final of all four Slams is an immense achievement and something Sampras never achieved.

Wino's point is so right. These guys are playing tennis a level above even that of Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi. But where are the young guns to challenge their Supremacy?

Fantastic that either brilliant Scot or brilliant Serb won at last final at nasty-courts Paris ... I am happy with AM and Djok. performances/victories - even if gutsy-elongated ...

Young guns? Raonic is still a work in progress, or has he already peaked? Then, there is that Malaysian-Aussie:sick: Can't see either of them, or any one, threatening Djokovic's dominance. The question looming over the next three years will be: is Djokovic better than Federer and Nadal? He needs six more Slams to match Federer's haul.

I'll admit I never thought Djo would dominate like he has this decade. When Federer was waxing Djokovic during his own halcyon years 2003-7, it seemed that Djo could not raise his game any further to overcome the Fed Express. He actually did. Djokovic at his peak might be superior to Federer at his IMO.:shock:

SS

Super Dealer

Can't say I'll miss her.......but interesting how her coming out completely backfired whereas if she'd kept her trap shut she could have got off, as others have, with the defence that she hadn't taken it after the Jan deadline of the ban.......Muguruza and others more than make up for her absence

Indian summer - he's only 29! Could still have 5 years as a front rank player. I feel so bad for Nadal, he was too good when he was too young, and paying the price now.

Indian summer - he's only 29! Could still have 5 years as a front rank player. I feel so bad for Nadal, he was too good when he was too young, and paying the price now.

Yes, 5 years as a front rank player, major winner??, i have my fears, following oor Andy is bruising,

a bit like Biffy Clyro - 'many of horrors'.:sick:

Said from the start Rafa's style of play is not made for longevity, wear and tear would put paid to his chances of another major.

No indication as to how long the reconciliation will endure. Andy's a fantastic player but probably not the easiest to work with.