Bazzer

Twitchers Thread

What a great shot :^ It's always a privilege to see moments like this. I stumbled upon a blue tit nest last spring and enjoyed watching the comings and goings. These are reposts.

41516378655_dd776a1c18_h.jpg

Blue Tit by Keith M, on Flickr

27539534457_a7d23461ab_h.jpg

Blue Tit by Keith M, on Flickr

• Like 5

Great shots Rabski and Keith (that Blue Tit looks absolutely knackered by the way!).

I completely concur with the previous sentiments and comments - the wildlife photography thing is immensely relaxing and is one of those activities that lets me completely switch off from in my case the mad world of running a business and somehow puts it into perspective.

What you learn and see with a bit of effort  is just amazing too (even in the urban jungle) - especially those heartstopping moments when ‘that bird’ literally lands right in front of you and you fumble around trying to capture the moment without buggering up your settings and frightening the bird off...sometimes it’s a fail but when it comes off, the sense of achievement is incredible. 

Saw a couple of Song Thrushes in Harrow Lodge Park  Hornchurch yesterday- have not seen this species round here in absolutely ages.:)

No photos, just happy to spot them.:cool:

Edited by Tarzan

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 19:29, Bolts said:

:( Do hope they can pick up.

Breakfast at Lake Panic

47005804621_2de3ff80e6_h.jpg

Edited by photowizz
  • Like 4

Eagle supper near Skukuza

47005689931_90017bedab_h.jpg

Edited by photowizz
  • Like 3

Nice shots of some beautiful birds; obviously not Near the Thames though 😊

You'd be surprised what we get in the garden! 2 Parakeets on the bird table last Sunday.

32084117747_b3a5733bfa_b.jpg  

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments guys.

No real time for photography over the last year as Mrs P has had ongoing health issues but we enjoyed another holiday in The Kruger, although it could have ended in differently after the car got stuck in the middle of nowhere with no mobile signal. I had to walk 2 kms through The Kruger on my own to get help.....not something I ever want to repeat, especially as we saw a big male Lion just after being rescued!

Yes the Pied Kingfisher was one of three, along with a pair of Malachites and a pair of Woodlland Kingfishers that were all performing at the lake hide.