Bazzer

Twitchers Thread

You could also try setting the camera to manual, aperture wide open and auto ISO. Then you just need to make sure you have an appropriate shutter speed for different scenarios (Keith’s suggestions) - auto ISO (set to max of say 3200) will take care of the different lighting situations.  

Have fun, not sure where you live but down South we’ve got lovely sunny conditions next two days, great for bird photography.  

• Like 1

I took this one last night at dusk in Richmond park - unfortunately in the moment I forgot to lower the shutter spreed and ISO was way too high! You do have to think fast especially when ‘that amazing bird’ pops up in front of you!  Practice is key but you still make mistakes ;)

49399925987_8d9547abf5_b.jpgGreen Woodpecker by -DaveBailey1-

• Like 5

Missed seeing the Bitterns at the London Wetland Centre today, but who cares when a sweetly singing Robin tracks you...

Sing sing.jpg
  • Like 7

13 hours ago, unintended1 said:

Lovely shot Ben :^

+1

Thanks guys, not too many birds around that afternoon - a Peregrine swooped past at one point scattering the pigeons, but this lovely Robin made my afternoon. 

No pix I'm afraid. Seen today: 3 Bullfinches, 2 Choughs, numerous lapwing. We were at an area where we were told there have been up to a dozen Short Eared Owls this winter. Didn't see any, will go back tomorrow. Staying in a place with Red Squirrels in the grounds.

Any guesses where we are??

Isle of Wight?

Yes, Anglesey. Went out again today and saw a Peregrine at about 250m and then parked up at Aberffraw where we had been told to and within 5 mins watched a Short Eared Owl hunting close to the ground at one point about 15m from the car.  In broad daylight. Absolutely stunning and quite a big bird. Ducks and coastal birds too many to mention. Also saw at least 4 Hawk T2s 

• Like 1

I am very jealous Colin! I would love to see a Short Eared Owl. Especially that close. 

I haven't been to Wales since I was a kid. It sounds like Anglesey is well worth a visit for the wildlife and it looks like a beautiful place too.

Beauty Keith, heard with all the warm weather they were difficult to spot this year, so we’ll done.

6 hours ago, Bolts said:

Beauty Keith, heard with all the warm weather they were difficult to spot this year, so we’ll done.

Thanks Ben. I've seen a lot less down south this year.