Bazzer

Twitchers Thread

Great shots Keith; I was wondering where you’d got to - I was looking back at my birding shots last/previous year and realise they have taken a hit quality-wise recently because I’m not out there ‘doing it’ ...and COVID hasn’t helped.

Determined to get out now and have my eye on the Nikon 500 pf (can’t quite bring myself to go Sony yet!), plus new kit always makes a difference right? 😉

12 hours ago, Bolts said:

plus new kit always makes a difference right?

Yes it takes better photos :D

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bolts said:

Great shots Keith; I was wondering where you’d got to - I was looking back at my birding shots last/previous year and realise they have taken a hit quality-wise recently because I’m not out there ‘doing it’ ...and COVID hasn’t helped.

Determined to get out now and have my eye on the Nikon 500 pf (can’t quite bring myself to go Sony yet!), plus new kit always makes a difference right? 😉

Thanks Ben. I was wondering where I'd got to as well! Seemed like forever since I was out with the camera. 

That Nikon 500 pf is a stunning lens. Amazing image quality in a tiny lightweight package. It would be a perfect match for your high res D850 or a crop sensor camera. 

• Like 1

Yes I think it might work well with the Z50 as well as the D850 - small and light package.

• Like 1

Great day out yesterday visiting Staffa - a few puffin and black guillemot shots:

DSC_1143_00001 DSC_1146_00001 DSC_1154_00001 DSC_1155_00001 DSC_1164_00001 DSC_1165_00001
  • Like 7

We have had a rare (for us) visitor on our pond today - a Morehen. Common darn sarf but on Mull there are few records and the first known breeding pair was last year, so a bit of a surprise. Nasty image quality because it was taken through the lounge window - every time I go outside he scarpers!

DSC_1282_00001
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Spent yesterday morning on Loch Na Keal watching wildlife, in particular a family of White Tailed Sea Eagles. A small selection of shots (not all WTSE of course):

DSC_1307_00001

DSC_1310_00001

DSC_1312_00001

DSC_1355_00001

DSC_1358_00001

DSC_1382_00001

DSC_1404_00001

DSC_1446_00001

DSC_1475_00001

Edited by Tony_J
  • Like 8

Super Wammer

Some lovely pics there Tony👍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks guys. It was a great day out. The WTSE know the boat well because they throw fish for them to pick up from the water - makes for an excellent photo opportunity! We could see the female chilling in a tree onshore and the male taking the fish back to feed their chick (now fledged but not flying very far yet) on the shore line - apparently she takes no part in feeding the chick, the male does that.

• Like 1

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

It must have been amazing how close were you to get the pics Tony?

Edited by darthvadersdad

7 minutes ago, darthvadersdad said:

It must have been amazing how close were you to get the pics Tony?

Pretty close to the boat - 20 metres maybe? I was using a 300mm lens on a DX sensor camera & was having to crank the zoom back from max to keep him all in the frame. They are seriously big birds - 2 metre wingspan.

• Like 3

Super Wammer

I had a special day a few years ago & saw a Golden Eagle some Dolphins then a whale 👀👀 I was buzzing for days😁

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, darthvadersdad said:

I had a special day a few years ago & saw a Golden Eagle some Dolphins then a whale 👀👀 I was buzzing for days😁

I bet you were. We were hopeful that we would see some cetaceans on that trip, but they weren't coming out to play! There are some Goldies around that area too, but again, no sign yesterday.

• Like 1