Bummer. Another duff TEAC.

Picked up a TEAC VRDS 10SE as part of a swap deal. My second one of these - fab sounding on its own with twin DAC7 (TDA1543 variant) chips inside, but even better as a transport for the Young DAC. But it was skipping a bit - irritating and from past experience with these, a bit of a worry.

Anyway got an email from the guy looking at it to say he had tried the usual fixes but that the mechanism was goosed.

Total bummer as I had bought a clock upgrade for it with its own PSU.

Transport search is on again it would seem. :td:

What's the clock frequency of the part you bought?

16mhz (well actually 32mhz but apparently this one can be used at 16) and there are two outputs.

Common enough clock speed I guess to use it somewhere else.

Third time lucky? I don't think so I've had it with the TEAC.

If it's looking for a new home, I could add it to my collection of duff VRDS 10s... I might have enough bits to build a good one soon!

I bought a P500 transport, had it clocked sounded great but the transport started failing a couple of weeks later, luckily Colin at Chevron Audio took the ugraded clock back and put the old one back in at no cost.

Its up for sale on ebay for spares or repair now.

I had a clocked P700, it was fantastic but I sold it because it was silver :doh:

Nice Meridian 500 mk.3 (uber rare) up for sale at the moment. Audiocom reckon it to be better than a cdm-9 pro'd 8000CDM after they've both been modded. Not sure on value & sound but can't be far off the Teac, if you're looking for a replacement.

Hi Tom.

Sorry to hear about your skipping Teac. I bought my 10SE from a fellow wammer here and it has never missed a beat.

Are you interested in selling the clock upgrade or was it fitted in already?

No hasn't been fitted ... hadn't decided what to do with it. Might well do

Hi Tom.

Sorry to hear about your skipping Teac. I bought my 10SE from a fellow wammer here and it has never missed a beat.

Are you interested in selling the clock upgrade or was it fitted in already?

I can highly recommend AudioEmotion. Gary is great person to deal with and 100% true to his word. Cannot go wrong with him :^.

Tom, if you can bear to stick with TEAC, the one at AudioEmotion is a real minter, looks beautiful. He is asking a fair wadge for it, I was nearly tempted myself but the 25 was only a 100 quid more.