m7rso

I like Simply Red.

Nothing wrong with Simply Reds early albums. Some people are concerned about his hair colour or more likely the women he has supposedly slept with.
I've seen some of those women, you're right saying 'supposedly' slept with. Doubt he would have been doing much sleeping.

what's more, i sometimes play simply red songs on my guitar and sing them too.

is this the musical version of Mitchell and Webbs avocado bathroom?

what's more, i sometimes play simply red songs on my guitar and sing them too. is this the musical version of Mitchell and Webbs avocado bathroom?
No mate,I thought I was bad, but you re really sick. Maybe a visit to the local music store is in order to attempt to redress the balance.

Graham, Don't shop at Asda, but will keep an eye out for the cd.Noticed you have an Astrin Trew 3500, What's it like if you don't mind me asking.I'm looking for a cd with no oversamplind.John.
It's great. Is it non oversampling, I don't know. It's had a bit of an upgrade with a mullard valve instead of the original.I just think it's a cracker if you can get hold of one. Only had it a few months. Amp is next on the list for an upgrade I think, but I am extremely happy with the sound at the moment so waiting till I get bored before the next upgrade.

To answer, deep and wide soundstage, lovely smooth sound with plenty of attack and great bass. Unbelievable with voices, both male and female. What do you listen to?

It's great. Is it non oversampling, I don't know. It's had a bit of an upgrade with a mullard valve instead of the original.I just think it's a cracker if you can get hold of one. Only had it a few months. Amp is next on the list for an upgrade I think, but I am extremely happy with the sound at the moment so waiting till I get bored before the next upgrade.

To answer, deep and wide soundstage, lovely smooth sound with plenty of attack and great bass. Unbelievable with voices, both male and female. What do you listen to?[/QUOT

At the mo. Musical Fidelity A1 pro. Pulls out loads of information off the cd, more than any other player at the price.

Listend to a Concsonanse ref. 2.2 (no oversampling) Much cleaner mid, less muddle, but went for the MF because of the greater detail.

Held back on a Astin Trew on Ebay last weekend (bought by another wammer I think £520ish bargin). Should have gone for it by what you say of it.

There's a lot if detail. 520 is a bargain by the way. Jandl had one for a while and I bought it on his, and papa lazarous recommendation.

It's great. Is it non oversampling, I don't know. It's had a bit of an upgrade with a mullard valve instead of the original.I just think it's a cracker if you can get hold of one. Only had it a few months. Amp is next on the list for an upgrade I think, but I am extremely happy with the sound at the moment so waiting till I get bored before the next upgrade.To answer, deep and wide soundstage, lovely smooth sound with plenty of attack and great bass. Unbelievable with voices, both male and female. What do you listen to?[/QUOTAt the mo. Musical Fidelity A1 pro. Pulls out loads of information off the cd, more than any other player at the price.Listend to a Concsonanse ref. 2.2 (no oversampling) Much cleaner mid, less muddle, but went for the MF because of the greater detail.Held back on a Astin Trew on Ebay last weekend (bought by another wammer I think £520ish bargin). Should have gone for it by what you say of it.

Moggy58, the recommendations are here..http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?53353-600-squid-to-spend-on-a-cd-player-advise-me-please. tons of detail in fact, should have mentioned that. Sorry.

Read the full thread as separate dacs are mentioned a lot initially, but at the time i wasnt going to spend that sort of money on a young dac and transport. That will be my next move I think.

To answer, deep and wide soundstage, lovely smooth sound with plenty of attack and great bass. Unbelievable with voices, both male and female. What do you listen to?[/QUOT

At the mo. Musical Fidelity A1 pro. Pulls out loads of information off the cd, more than any other player at the price.

Listend to a Concsonanse ref. 2.2 (no oversampling) Much cleaner mid, less muddle, but went for the MF because of the greater detail.

Held back on a Astin Trew on Ebay last weekend (bought by another wammer I think £520ish bargin). Should have gone for it by what you say of it.

Thumbs up for the Musical Fidelity A1 CDP.

I've tried & heard various CDP / DAC setups & this just gets every last bit of info off the disc.

Then it simply plays it.

http://www.hi-fiworld.co.uk/cd-dvd-blu-ray/62-cd-reviews/189-musical-fidelity-a1-cd.html

I expect that there is a therapy group available, admitting to liking Simply Dead is purely a symptom, and you probably need counselling to discover the reason for the feelings of low self esteem manifested by exposing yourself to public ridicule.

My alternative diagnoses, given the lateness of the hour when the thread was posted, is that you were drunk, for which there happily is a cure, but won't relieve the feelings of embarrassment and regret when reading the thread sober. :)

Tel, I'm afraid that I have bad , sad news.

Poor Graham is beyond saving.

Group therapy................They chucked him out. He was a bad influence on the rest of the group. the final straw was when he turned up with an "I love Donny Osmond" teeshirt on, and insisted on giving his version of "Puppy Love".

Counsellling..................... two of them topped themselves after listening to him for 30 minutes. Yet another was last seen running along Bootle road towards the docks and has never been seen again.

Drunk when posting. Afraid not. The guy has found god and joined the Mormons. Not a drop passes his lips.

So, what do we do. I think just pull together as friends, and offer him all the help and support that we can, as fellow Wammers, and tell him to take his music elsewhere, anywhere, but not here.

ps see you soon g. dont bother to bring any George Michael.

All I can say is that you're a very brave man for admitting so, and you've set an example for future people in your position to come out with their feelings.

People must understand it's not an illness and you don't have something wrong with you when you come out.

Well done!

Oh, but it is!

Liking Simply Red is delusional; thinking Simply Red are good ditto; hearing anything of musical worth in their turgid output is an indication of responding to auditory hallucinations.

Therefore you is psychotic!

Strong medication is the only solution!

I've never understood the vitriol thrown Hucknall's way. I don't particularly care for the music of Simply Red, but I do like his voice v much. I loved the Frantic Elevators - he sounded amazing back then. He also bankrolled the Blood & Fire label, for which he deserves some respect.