Wammers Welcome

am always open to fellow wammers dropping in for a listen and a cuppa.

work from home so am very accommodating,as long as you dont mind

2 great big labradors making a fuss of you feel free to drop by.

system is:

sony 555es cd player

revel m20 performa speakers

custom made gainclone power amplifier.

John.

stevenage herts.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would also like to extend a welcome to mine if your ever around the Leeds Bradford area just pm me & drop in for a coffee & some music all welcome 🎼🎼🎼🎼

I stole a premium SCART lead and a dishwasher from an electrical store. I wouldn't have minded but the lead was shite, it was no better than my old one. I always ate takeaways too, so never used the d

Just started 3 months of gardening leave , so if anyone wants to pop over for tunes, biscuits or just sitting around in onesies watching UK Gold while grunting, then head on over.

Posted Images

In Brittany, Gourin, but you're welcome around to have a listen if you're ibn the area. Wine, beer and crisos are provided. Biscuits and tea are for girls. Kit includes. 300B Valves in PSE Soundcraftsmen amp and pre (american pro stuff modded for home use) Roksan Xerxes with an Audio Origami moded Rega R200 and DL110 cartridge. Unison research CD Primo valve output CDP Victor SX7 speakers and Lowther fidelio Horns. All this lot can be swapped about fairly easily and i'm happy for you to bring your kit to try out. Cables are a mix of cheap foo and non foo items. Music is varied with a leaning towards techno and Neil Young/Zappa

Now you're making me feeling really guilty that I could'nt make the extra 145 miles :oops:. Though if I had the Wine, beer, and crisos, I'd have had to stay the night :D.

Anyone who wants to hear a totally analytical, non-musical system, absolutely devoid of valves, heat and horns (for now)

Be my guest!

Visitors always welcome to Jerry Mansions. ... by arrangement to allow me time to tidy up a bit. :)

No point in listing my kit, as apart from my MBL 116F speakers everything else gets changed fairly frequently.

Guest User211
Anyone who wants to hear a totally analytical, non-musical system, absolutely devoid of valves, heat and horns (for now)

Be my guest!

Hm Barista Jim, I bet you didn't pull that expresso - not enough crema for a pro.:)

You can PM me for a listen to some refurbished Apogee Duetta Sigs driven by some huge 211 monos that shouldn't be able to drive them. Other bits are good too.

Venue near Bristol. Ample supplies of Has Bean coffee available.

Only one caveat - you must bring an interesting bit of kit with you. No entry otherwise. Only fair, I figure...:)

5 minutes from M4 Junction 3 and close to Heathrow.

Audio Research cd5 (or JRiver media on computer > M2Tech Young dac) > PrimaLuna Prologue 3 > Prologue 7 monoblocs > Tannoy Stirling SE.

I'll get biscuits etc if I know someone's coming (daren't eat them myself!)

Now you're making me feeling really guilty that I could'nt make the extra 145 miles :oops:. Though if I had the Wine, beer, and crisos, I'd have had to stay the night :D.

Crisos????? Crisps I think i meant to type. Our phone was out of action for a couple of days (bloody cat) whilst you were on your tour and i was worried we may have missed your call:nerves:

Crisos????? Crisps I think i meant to type. Our phone was out of action for a couple of days (bloody cat) whilst you were on your tour and i was worried we may have missed your call:nerves:

My appologies once again. After dragging SWMBO half way across Europe, with hindsight, I don't think it would have went down well if I suggested "We're just popping 145 miles to hear some Hifi with a fellow wammer dear". surprised-003.gif

I'm happy to accommodate the odd Wammer should anyone be in the SE25 of London and would like a listen of the following:

Acoustic Solid Small Turntable/Cartridgeman Conductor Parallel Tracking Air Bearing Pick-up Arm/Cartridgeman Classic cartridge

Art Audio Vinyl 1 phono stage

Canary Audio 608 integrated valve amplifier modified by Living Voice with Border Patrol Power Supply

EAR Acute CD Player

Yamaha NS1000M loudspeakers

Guest User211
Analytical,yes,devoid of valves,check! but strangely musical,based on the listen i had yesterday,absolutely recommended:^

One of the Wam's bestest. In terms of bass performance at extreme volume, I'd be amazed if there was better in the Wam. But you never know... some quiet little Wammer somewhere...:)

I've noticed that there a number of 'Open House' threads on this forum at the moment.

At one time there used to be a thread where people happy to entertain visitors by arrangement could post.

It wasn't for bake offs as such, more that you listed your system, your location (if not already in your profile) and wammers could contact you if they wanted a listen.

Especially useful if you were looking to buy a bit of kit if you could hear it in someone's system in a domestic setting. I have had a few wammers pop round who were maybe interested in buying LVs or a Kuzma turntable.

Interested wammers could send you a PM and make an arrangement.

Maybe an idea to resurrect the thread or start a new one.

Lots of individual threads slip down the pages and become hard to find.

My kit list is in my profile but probably better to list it in full on a thread, that would make it searchable.

To start, I live in Hove, East Sussex

Rega Saturn CDP

Kuzma Stabi S turntable, Stogi S tonearm, Audionote Io cartridge.

Audio Note (Japan) S6c SUT, Audio Note M3 (phono) pre-amp.

Custom built 300B Push Pull mono block amplifiers

Living Voice OBX-R2 speakers

Hi Kevin,

I reckon that's a gentlemanly offer and bleedin' generous considering you seem to have a system that looks top notch.

I'd absolutely love to hear your set-up and curious about the Living Voice. Apparently they are exceptional.

Sadly I'm too far from you, although I sometimes meet my business partner in Lewes from time-to-time... hmmmm

Anyway, I'm in south Devon for anyone interested. Happy to meet folk and share sounds: but 2 little'uns means restricted times.

A mighty fine-sounding system, even if I say so myself. Particularly for the speakers that are little-known and utterly sublime.

Cheers.

SP

CDP Ensemble Dirondo

My Turn Table

Roksan TMS2 + Dynavector XV1-s = Graham Phantom II

My Amp/s

Berning ZH-270s running as monoblocks (!!)

Ensemble Fonobrio Phone Amp (SS)

My Speakers

Peak Consult Empress

If anyone's in the south Shropshire/Mid Wales borders area they're welcome to come and listen to free jazz at extreme volume.

I might even put the Dittons back in for comparison or Hafler purposes!

• 4 months later...

Lots of vinyl from Mingus to Mitchell to Palmieri to Hathaway to Ellington via Bush.

2 and a half turntables, Leema Agena, Bryston amps and Shahinian Obelisks.

PS. Now up to three decks!!!

In Helsby, Cheshire. 5 minutes from the M56.

• 1 month later...

Updated September/2014

If anyone finds them selves down Oxford/Swindon way, you are welcome to pop in to Hoops Manor in Faringdon

Current kit list this week.....

Michell Gyrodec | RB300 | Ortofon 2M Blue

Trichord Dino

Sony S9000ES

Bryston B60

Rega R9

Wammers Always Welcome. :^