Sign in to follow this  
JamPal

The amercians are discussing our test

Well it made me laugh. :)

I stand corrected ;).

DW, just thought you should mention on the other forum, that the majority of forum posters who carry on about this:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue19/goldensound.htm

over on Audioasylum are yanks.

When I first heard of this, I laughed so hard I nearly shat meself.

99.9% sceptical indeed :D

Gaffer74 wrote:

I'm not so sure, I want proof.

BTW I read his response to Dave, the bit about "off topic"had me smirking,fuck mesome folk are anal.

"Magic Ring" eh?

Doesn't Tonedef have one of these? :lmao:

meninblack wrote:

"Magic Ring" eh?

Doesn't Tonedef have one of these? :lmao:

Magic er no!! tragic yes!!!

analoguekid wrote:

Gaffer74 wrote:

BTW I read his response to Dave, the bit about "off topic"had me smirking,fuck mesome folk are anal.

Anal isn't the word for this bunch. This ispart of a post from 'Alive' as he said '@ davewhit':

"Why ? on what facts do you base your comments, what was the "SUPRISE"

what did you expect? and how did you come to expect what you expected?

The "what a surprise" comment was sarcastic. The correct way of interpreting it was "I do not believe that expensive power cables make any audible difference in terms of my systems transparency level"

Also, please refrain from making ad hominem arguments against people on Hydrogen-Audio. Ad hominem is offtopic when speaking about transparency of audio equipment. This is the reason I dare to keep my signature. Ad homimen is irrelevant".

We can be sarcastic about you lot but don't you darebe horribleabout us :shock: The words that come to mind are: pot, kettle & black; pram, rattley & out of.

But this must be a 1st - a transatlanic cable rumble :D But they'd better remember that we wonin 1812 :P

GofA

They look like they do a fair bit of testing, hence the high horse.

I have invited them over to offer constructive criticism.

Cheers James.:cool:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=37447&st=0&p=332223entry332223

Glens of Antrim wrote:

analoguekid wrote:
Gaffer74 wrote:

Anal isn't the word for this bunch. This ispart of a post from 'Alive' as he said '@ davewhit':

"Why ? on what facts do you base your comments, what was the "SUPRISE"

what did you expect? and how did you come to expect what you expected?

The "what a surprise" comment was sarcastic. The correct way of interpreting it was "I do not believe that expensive power cables make any audible difference in terms of my systems transparency level"

Also, please refrain from making ad hominem arguments against people on Hydrogen-Audio. Ad hominem is offtopic when speaking about transparency of audio equipment. This is the reason I dare to keep my signature. Ad homimen is irrelevant".

We can be sarcastic about you lot but don't you darebe horribleabout us :shock: The words that come to mind are: pot, kettle & black; pram, rattley & out of.

But this must be a 1st - a transatlanic cable rumble :D But they'd better remember that we wonin 1812 :P

GofA

we won all the other wars, they just stepped in and marketed it as their victory :D

hifiwigwam wrote:

I think Krabapple and Pio2001 already came over to contribute their bit in the discussion in the result thread. The later fellow seemed more diplomatic. Pity his own experiment as reported in Hydrogenaudio which look interesting but was in French, so not much use to check its validity.

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29786006&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=255

hifiwigwam wrote:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=37447&st=0&p=332223entry332223

Might it not be more constructive to ask them for the methodology they may have employed in carrying out a similar experiment? It could be a base on which to build the wigwam's second trial.

Lucifer wrote:

hifiwigwam wrote:

Might it not be more constructive to ask them for the methodology they may have employed in carrying out a similar experiment? It could be a base on which to build the wigwam's second trial.

I have done just that :D