Sign in to follow this  
browellm

Very expensive DACs

No single ended is fine. Doesn't need to have USB either.

In that case your welcome to borrow my MSB Platium 3 dac for a weekend

Of the DACs I have owned, I would definitely look at Audio Synthesis DAX Decade or Desire, simply better. Alot of the above are good DACs, but major on detail over enjoyability or are overly warm to suit the cuddly valve sound that a lot of people like. I have yet to hear a better DAC for less than £10K than the Audio Synthesis ones, there may be one out there, but I have not heard it.

How about the Stahl-Tek Vekian. I'd love to get a listen to one of them. I guess Keith still distributes them.

Guest User211
This may be well worth a demo. I'm planning a demo with Gregor at Ten Audio over the next couple of weeks. He's not too far away from you either.

$(KGrHqMOKjcE5mHoELCqBOfF1KIYSg~~60_3.JPG

Be sure to post impressions on it. pleez.

You have to hear the Kondo, or you'll be swimming with the fishes - the Mafia will be after you. I would also be interested it trying the Lampizator DAC, if he can send you one over to try.

Or I could bring round my M-DAC, which will toast all these pathetic overpriced hifi bling pieces :)

The one that I built :D

Give David Heaton of Audio Synthesis a call (Nottingham), very helpful/great guy! Check out an Audio Synthesis Dax Discrete dac, build quality fantastic and utterly wonderful sounding!

Or try borrow a M.Fidelity M1 DAC, I've been using one for around six months with excellent audio/sounding results, stunning for the money!

Tricky one...a used Weiss media is on audio emotion....rabs Weiss 202 might be a no brainer at the price not much risk involved...do you still spin CDs?