Sign in to follow this  
browellm

Very expensive DACs

Just a curve ball option - Devialet D premier - I know you just wanted a dac but hey have an amp, phono stage, AD converter also.

You are more than welcome to try out my Audio Synthesis DAX Decade and a couple other DACs I have. In my experience, most of the modern DACs go for ultra detail over listenability unfortunately. You may find the AudioMecca and Micromega DACs interesting, as they major on listenability.

In my experience really,really good dacs have better resolution , are just more natural ,and there are no tradeoffs whatsoever.

Keith.

• Upvote 1

In my experience really,really good dacs have better resolution , are just more natural ,and there are no tradeoffs whatsoever.

Keith.

Entirely agreed.

Keith.

A complete non-statement. All you have just said is "something which is good is good". No shit.

Non statement no, some dacs have a very fine mid range at the expense of bass and treble extension, others have seemingly masses of resolution but are tonally a little thin, very few dacs IMHO, have resolution and tone.

Keith.

Non statement no, some dacs have a very fine mid range at the expense of bass and treble extension, others have seemingly masses of resolution but are tonally a little thin, very few dacs IMHO, have resolution and tone.

Keith.

So, something good is better than something with some faults. :roll:

Argh! You're going to make my head explode with your insights. :P

Audionote Dac`s are worth listening to. Although they are red book only, have a listen to one but make sure it is warmed up for a few days first. I have built the Dac 4-1 LE kit and can vouch for it`s resolution, sweet treble, bass that is musical and can be altered by tube rolling. As it is a kit, it kept me quiet for a couple of weeks building it.

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/images/attach/jpg.gif

So, something good is better than something with some faults. :roll:

Argh! You're going to make my head explode with your insights. :P

I believe some listeners enjoy the 'faults' and actively seek out such equipment!

KR Keith.

My 2.1x with upgraded bits to 3.1 balanced with output transformers replacing the coupling caps

DAC.jpg

I believe some listeners enjoy the 'faults' and actively seek out such equipment!

KR Keith.

I belive that sounding grey and bland is a fault, but some people mistake it for neutrality.

Jazz flute, you just don't hear it these days, turning back to dacs, thats why its important to listen to a group of them in your system at the same time.

Keith.

The minutae of debate sometimes turns into thread crapping . Move along now ladies

Audionote Dac`s are worth listening to. Although they are red book only,

What does 'red book' only mean?