I am extremely pleased to announce that Purite Audio have been appointed agents for Genelec active loudspeakers.

We have the superb 8260A here on permanent demonstration.

http://www.genelec.com/products/3-way-monitors/8260a/

A small 6010 plus 5040 sub in the office,

http://www.genelec.com/products/2-way-monitors/6010a/

which is unbelievably good, using a Squeezebox Touch as source.

Really all anyone needs.

Keith.

Super Wammer

The 6010a look interesting, any photos in situ?

Biccy Hi. how are you?

Well I trust, have you finished college?

Rob there are some photos of the 6010 /5040 system, number 9 I will tidy up my desk and take some proper photos.

KR Keith.

http://www.genelec.com/products/subwoofers/5040a/

I have always loved Genelec active monitors. Well established company, with great R&D since 1978.

Great choice Keith :^

Thanks J, they really are fabulous speakers, what initially surprised me was how similar they are to my Cessaros, tone ,timbre, dynamics, I expected they would sound thin or harsh, but not a bit, and the small ones sound just like the big ones just slightly smaller scale.

I wonder what the really big Gens would be like!

KR Keith.

Thanks J, they really are fabulous speakers, what initially surprised me was how similar they are to my Cessaros, tone ,timbre, dynamics, I expected they would sound thin or harsh, but not a bit, and the small ones sound just like the big ones just slightly smaller scale.

I wonder what the really big Gens would be like!

KR Keith.

Are you being serious?

Guest PaulStewart

I got dragged back into the studio to do my first bit of production in 20 years, by a neo punk band called Limozine recently. I went up to Liscome Park studio which is co - owned by Steve Rispin, an oldmate of mine. Steve used be my engineer back in the day, intact, I gave him his first tape op job at Village Way recorders and he co - ran Tin Pan Alley with me. All this means I trust the guy's judgement 100%. He uses the Very big Gennies (1034s I think) as mains and the 6010s as near fields. Now I admit I checked things on his Little Reds, I've always been a Tannoy guy, but in my opinion the Genelecs really, really rock. Great choice and I may me after some 1034s for my edit suite.

Mark Hi, yes, the Genelec man said their whole ethos is 'what goes in is what comes out' , in many ways they could hardly be more different from the Alphas , active, digital filtering extruded aluminium, bass reflex, coax drivers built in dac and active room correction, yet the sound of the two speakers is incredibly similar, only the scale is really different .

Keith.

Super Wammer

Keith

I used to have the 8020s fed by my iMac via a Duet. Sounded fab. Made the mistake of 'downsizing'! Really detailed but not harsh.

Now have a Duet 2 plus some Focal CMS40s (got a great deal) which I have to say are excellent as a PC system but still preferred those Genelecs. They look better as well!

I think you should have quite a lot of interest if only from the PC users.

Tony

Matt , well you wouldn't have to worry about amps there are three built into each speaker!

KR Keith.

I can certainly vouch for how good the 6010's are as the guy who does a lot of our recording work uses a pair as near-field monitors. Fantastic little things. :)

Markus Hi, yes of course you would be most welcome, are you coming over for the show, quite a way from North Thrumpton!

I think the rrp is about £3.5 k per speaker ( special Wammer discount rates may apply depending on age , urbaneness and Pound/Euro sociability)I take it you would be requiring two?

Very best wishes

Keith.