whizzkid

I've just fallen in Love... Beautiful Motorcycles.

As I get older I'm looking at bigger and bigger bikes so how about some big engine bikes...

Honda CBR1300

honda-cb13001.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Kawasaki ZZR1400

ZZR1400GRN2011.jpg

My Favorite Beemer..

BMW K1300s

BMW%20k1300S%2009%20%205.jpg

Had an almost identical looking one without the fairing (Darmah Desmo rather than the SS). The later Darmah's they managed to ruin the handling on and the engine reliability (crank-case seals went south every few thousand miles and rather than face big bills, the common trick was to hammer another one in over the old one using a socket!). The 860GTS was not only the under-dog but probably the most reliable of the 1970's Dukes (no desmodronic valve gear and none of the crank seal issues). I'd love a 900SS in my collection but good ones too few and far between and fast appreciating too!

Had a 900GTS after the Kwacker Z1B. This was the first bike I'd owned I felt had 'character'. She wasn't particularly fast but handled well loaded up with camping kit.

Had a great trip to a bike rally at the tip of Ardnamurchan on the west coast of Scotland. Last 40 miles was twisty single track road which was quite challenging with the girlfriend and gear!

The 900SS in the photo sold for over £10,000. Wish I'd been able to keep mine.

Only came back to bikes 2 years back and have a Honda VFR750. It does most things well but I'm still hankering over something Italian.

My Favorite Beemer..

BMW K1300s

BMW%20k1300S%2009%20%205.jpg

My last bike before I had to leave it alone was the K1200S it used to shock people with its sheer usable power, mind you if you gave it some stick it would chew up rear tyres only thing I have left to remind me is the Boxer Cup leathers!!!!!!!

K1200S%20blue-white.JPG

My last bike before I had to leave it alone was the K1200S it used to shock people with its sheer usable power, mind you if you gave it some stick it would chew up rear tyres only thing I have left to remind me is the Boxer Cup leathers!!!!!!!

This was simialr to my first Beemer its wasn't the most glamorous bike ever but it was a brilliant long distance Courier bike the best I've ever had and ever since I've wanted to own a K1200s/1300s.

BMW R850R

68922915_1-Fotos-de-BMW-R850R-INCREIBLE.jpg

Another fav Kwaka.

Kawasaki ZX12R

186959178_Kawasaki-Zx-12rNinjaZx1200A-German.jpg

There are some fantastic roads down near the south coast between Hastings and Brighton.

I keep wondering who the supermen are that can ride these bikes properly and where they find the roads on which to

use their performance. Baffles me completely.

Rgds.

Try Scotland. First class tarmac, good cambering, quiet roads, spectacular scenery, bike friendly B&B's and cafes. And rain. Lots of rain.

Well anyway, try Scotland on a dry weekend.:)

Hi,

I think that pride of ownership is a large part of the inducement to get one. The performance is way over what is needed or usable

of course but it must be teriffic to get on and ride one.

Question.

How do you keep your driving license if you ride one of these?

It is def that I would loose mine in one days riding and that is probably the main reason I did not ever get one.

Hats off to those who have the restraint to keep to the limits.

Rgds

I had one of these for a few years, nice bike but rather top heavy, crawing along in trafic it wanted to snake along,

i nearly stopped using it, so it got traded in

remember always trying to change up to the none existant sixth cog.

I was at the cafe in sherburn a few months ago a friend of a friend had just bought one,all the luggage to. i had said to my mate how top heavy they are, his mate pulled his new one out of the space and promptly dropped it.. poor bugger...

luckily not too much damage..

my fjr was the only one I've dropped to date..

Yamaha FJR1300

83948.jpg

a>

My first BMW was an R60/6 and like a lot of the lower powered Boxer engines they are very comfortable and can go on for miles.

If you get a chance of a test drive on a K1200s you will be very suprised at how smooth it is and only when you look at the speedo will you go oh fuck it is that fast I an going. Everything has been put together so well and you have a sence of confidence that the bike will not let you down.

Oh God I am really getting withdrawal symptoms now.

I did a bikesafe course with the boys in Blue and and they all wanted to have a go on the K12

This was simialr to my first Beemer its wasn't the most glamorous bike ever but it was a brilliant long distance Courier bike the best I've ever had and ever since I've wanted to own a K1200s/1300s.

BMW R850R

68922915_1-Fotos-de-BMW-R850R-INCREIBLE.jpg

Might not be to everybody's taste but this is what my neighbour bought three weeks ago,

has a stage one exhaust and the noisy fecker shakes the house when he starts it!!

Seriously though, looks the biz in the flesh.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_GB/Media/images/2013-Motorcycles/sportster/iron-883/gallery/large/13-hd-iron-883-bs.jpg

Guest Pac67
Might not be to everybody's taste but this is what my neighbour bought three weeks ago,

has a stage one exhaust and the noisy fecker shakes the house when he starts it!!

Seriously though, looks the biz in the flesh.

13-hd-iron-883-bs.jpg

Looks bad-ass cool in a way most H-D's don't! I want one! It has my :^