myrman

Whittlebury Show 2012

The Audiotech horn 'speakers in the GPoint room were a bit special weren't they?

They were fine with noodly "audiophile" stuff, but when we put some actual music on they kind of fell to bits.

Guest Pac67
What does it mean? Well it means that I don't agree with your description.

I think it was Brothers In Arms that was playing - it was certainly Dire Straits. I didn't think the bass had any of the attributes you describe (although the room didn't seem to boom along unduly) - it was just one amorphous mass (they sounded better than the pervious year though) - it certainly didn't have what I call 'timing', or pitch differentiation.

I thought the GPoint Audio horns were genuinely excellent and among the best horns I have ever heard (which makes them a kind of relative bargain), very uncoloured compared to most others.

Didn't find that at all, quite the opposite (perish the thought that it could have been the Dire Straits recording ;-)) so we'll have to agree to disagree. The Horns I only listened to with one acoustic track and they had great presence and low colouration but never heard them with more demanding music so interesting to hear Mibby's views.

Super Wammer

I listened to the Gpoint horns with 4 tracks from the MFSL copy of Robin Trower's "Bridge of Sighs" cd, which sounded very good. Like all kit though, would need extended listening to make an accurate assessment of the speakers.

Didn't find that at all, quite the opposite (perish the thought that it could have been the Dire Straits recording ;-)) so we'll have to agree to disagree. The Horns I only listened to with one acoustic track and they had great presence and low colouration but never heard them with more demanding music so interesting to hear Mibby's views.

I listened to the Gpoint horns with 4 tracks from the MFSL copy of Robin Trower's "Bridge of Sighs" cd, which sounded very good. Like all kit though, would need extended listening to make an accurate assessment of the speakers. .

Thank you very much Guys

I appreciate your honest comments.

Txs Gary ,I remember you and MFSL

recordings you brought. I agree they

sounded awsome,being completely

not familiar with performing artist.

Not sure what "actual music " suppose to mean.???

I was playing different tracks to meet people requests

as well as tracks on demand. None of my records was

audiophile,special remastered ,etc. Just a bunch of cd's

which I like. Some HD tracks had been served from

Lampizator Transport on pair with regular CD playback.

I wouldn't call them "noodly" either as I never do talking

about other people preferences ,tastes and favourites

as

"de gustibus non est disputandum"

I would like to say thank you to all of you Guys who visited my room ,left some comments

or just came in to say hallo. It was pleasure to see you there and have a chance to talk about

music - as at the end of the day this is what really counts - personal satisfaction from listening

to the music - whatever kind of music it is ,is not it ?

What does that mean? The bass seemed to be deep, well controlled (including I guess what some people call "timing") and had real texture to the notes. Genuinely couldn't pick fault with it. What did you listen to music wise that gave rise to your impressions?

Agree RE the Martin Logans. Sounded rather 2-D and a little flat and uninvolving. The Audiotech horn 'speakers in the GPoint room were a bit special weren't they?

thanks , just wondering whether to demo some anthems or stay with class a/b which does sound fantastic

Super Wammer

You're welcome, Greg. I thought the large horns sounded great and I thought they looked wonderful too. They'd be a superb addition to a modern style room, they are almost a work of art.

Thank you very much Guys

I appreciate your honest comments.

Txs Gary ,I remember you and MFSL

recordings you brought. I agree they

sounded awsome,being completely

not familiar with performing artist.

Not sure what "actual music " suppose to mean.???

I was playing different tracks to meet people requests

as well as tracks on demand. None of my records was

audiophile,special remastered ,etc. Just a bunch of cd's

which I like. Some HD tracks had been served from

Lampizator Transport on pair with regular CD playback.

I wouldn't call them "noodly" either as I never do talking

about other people preferences ,tastes and favourites

as

"de gustibus non est disputandum"

I would like to say thank you to all of you Guys who visited my room ,left some comments

or just came in to say hallo. It was pleasure to see you there and have a chance to talk about

music - as at the end of the day this is what really counts - personal satisfaction from listening

to the music - whatever kind of music it is ,is not it ?