Kiang

The Great Cable Debate

rockmeister wrote:

I'm not getting at AK in particular here (OK, I am) but it's just frustrating. I don't do tests, but I thought, "get in the spirit" etc, and suprised myself because I found it enjoyable and entertaining and eye opening.Now I just want to know what everyone else thought (and, to be perfectly honest, I need to know how in tune my ears are to everyone elses here...that is a MAJOR part of this for me...am I out of synch? touch?). Of course I'm prepared to wait for everyone to have a fair go...but when anyone is a bit sleepy, then it''s fair enough for someone else to shout 'wake up and get on with it!" If YOU chaps don't want to do this, fear not, I will!:)

i never took it in any bad way, and I wasn't a bit sleepy, but it's been a bit hectic round here atm, we can't all be retired old soldiers with time on our hands

:D

Just thought that I'd sound out the testers on this first.

Once the test is complete I intend to write it out as an article.

If some reputable hifi magazine should be interested I could arrange for it to be published and any moneys acquired could go to the same charity as the test money.

I will try to request that a draft copy be available free for the testers atleast especially in view of the time and cost entailed by them(in short you as a tester don't have to buy the mag to read about the test)

If testers are in agreement could you please register that on this thread or alternatively PM me with same if you wish to retain anonymity, one way or the other.

I will refrain from contacting any publisher until we have a unanimous approval.

p.s. By the way don't any of you guys want a lovely hand built horn speaker ?

If Faberge wanted to build a loudspeaker ........................:minikiev: :gag: :nuts:

Kiang wrote:

If some reputable hifi magazine should be interested I could arrange for it to be published and any moneys acquired could go to the same charity as the test money.

I will try to request that a draft copy be available free for the testers atleast especially in view of the time and cost entailed by them(in short you as a tester don't have to buy the mag to read about the test)

If testers are in agreement could you please register that on this thread or alternatively PM me with same if you wish to retain anonymity, one way or the other.

I will refrain from contacting any publisher until we have a unanimous approval.

If Faberge wanted to build a loudspeaker ........................:minikiev: :gag: :nuts:

I want yer speakers, but don't have the cash, fine by me with the publishing/monies thing.

Kiang wrote:

If testers are in agreement could you please register that on this thread or alternatively PM me with same  if you wish to retain anonymity, one way or the other.

Fine by me. :D

Guest purplepleaser

Should be interesting to see what response you/we receive if everyone gives consent. I hope that its taken seriously.

Lee

P.S I 'm okay with your idea's.

Lee

Agreed but you should write it up yourself as it was your methods and experiment... and also you were not a subject in the test. The subjects would have to be anonymised I think... Either that or publish under the WigWam name but still write it up yourself... unbiasedly.

I wonder if any of your ENT journals would be interested... :P

JJ

jonjin wrote:

Agreed but you should write it up yourself as it was your methods and experiment... and also you were not a subject in the test. The subjects would have to be anonymised I think... Either that or publish under the WigWam name but still write it up yourself... unbiasedly.

I wonder if any of your ENT journals would be interested... :P

JJ

Good Idea - can do something hifi related for the Christmas edition.

Something really wacky - a bit of lateral thinking;)

happy for it to be published, but that's assuming i ever see the cables to test:P. obviously still interested in doing the test.

hopefully soon:roll:

Kiang wrote:

If testers are in agreement could you please register that on this thread or alternatively PM me with same if you wish to retain anonymity, one way or the other. ........................:minikiev: :gag: :nuts:

Fine by me too.

Regarding the length of time taken for the tests....It's been so long i seem to have forgotten my answers (I still think it'll be worth the wait though).

In fact, what was it about? Something to do with cheese and bootstraps???:D

Kiang wrote:

Only just read this - but it's fine by me as well.