rocker65

Tour of Britain - any thoughts.

Hi all.

This British classic is now running.

Wiggins and a lot of the other "names" are all in it.

I do not know if there is much by way of a "mountain" challenge though.

At this point in the season I do not suppose that the riders will mind one bit.

Rgds.

Just off out to see the Culcheth sprint (or the bit just after). That's why it is raining.

Took the kids to Gt Yarmouth for a day out yesterday. The Peleton rode past whilst we were there.

I went out to watch it a couple of years ago as they climbed up to Princetown on Dartmoor. (Will be going again on saturday.) The hill they went up is long & nasty to mere mortals although they went up it as if it wasn't there & then continued for a further 100+ miles :shock:

IMG_4849.jpg

IMG_4851.jpg

IMG_4852.jpg

An HTC rider needed a new wheel.

IMG_4853.jpg

This comes passed my house on thursday which means if I dOnt get out if my driveway early on, I can't get to work. Very inconsiderate!

http://www.tourofbritain.com/_ns_race/default.asp?section=stage5_route

They were just up the road from us in Ripley yesterday. I took the day off work to go and see it, went up on the push bike (with all my lycra on, you know to look the part etc), I tagged on the back of the peloton with out anyone noticing.......but none of them waited for me......

fat-cyclist.jpg

I went out to watch it a couple of years ago as they climbed up to Princetown on Dartmoor. (Will be going again on saturday.) The hill they went up is long & nasty to mere mortals although they went up it as if it wasn't there & then continued for a further 100+ miles :shock:

Not tempted to come down to Dartmouth for the finish?

The descent down past the Naval College with a sharp left and right at the bottom could be 'interesting'!

On a personal level - the last 10 miles follow the exact route of my (bicycle) commute to work.

It passed our house yesterday, which was amazing as we live out in the sticks and nothing ever passes our house, except tractors.

Anyway, quite a crowd appeared in our lane and the vibe was great. A local school walked their kids over a mile to see it, so it was party time, with banners etc etc. We waited over an hour but had a great laugh. Ended up cheering the tractors as they went past (at great speed).

Eventually they came and we saw them for a 30 seconds. Then about a zillion support cars and 2 zillion motorbikes.

Really enjoyed it. almost inspired me to blow the tyres up on my bike. But then I came to my senses and I watched the TV.