falcoron

Interconnects, what made your jaw drop?

PLEASE NOTE NOT FOR CABLE SCEPTICS WE ALL KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS SO PLEASE RESIST.

OK i do like nice cables, but in particular i like interconnects, i find these add an improvment when you get it right.

Speaker cables and mains cables? im happy with the middle of the road stuff as its been an interesting experimental 3 or 4 years trying different ones, i didnt get the big change an interconnect can give so what i have im happy with. Which for those interested is Mark Grant for all mains leads, well made and well screened, the speaker cables are Cable talk 3 these are as good as any i have had upto £50 per mtr stuff, so i'm sorted and happy there.

I have had some really good and really bad interconnects all at different prices but i would love to hear what interconnect made your jaw drop with real suprise, onlu because HOW GOOD IT WAS please dont want to hear about shite cables only the good. I'm currently trying the Mark Grant stuff all of my system from the digital to all interconnects are the same MG G1000hd and rather good they are too, well made and seem to be well screened as well, all connections are a good tight fit also.

I have wondered about the G2000hd but at 4 times the price the only difference is the conectors at each end, the cables are identical. Can connectors make that much of a difference if the ones already used in the G1000 are clean and nice and tight? i dunno.

Anyway, love to hear your experiances please.

Thanks.

PLEASE NOTE NOT FOR CABLE SCEPTICS WE ALL KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS SO PLEASE RESIST.

DEBATE!

Not going to be much of a debate is it?

Should be interesting though, I have never seen a fluffy cable thread before :D

OK fair point so taken "DEBATE" out

Not wanting to exclude Tel but it all goes south of the border once the fighting starts, and the original post gets lost in all the shite, but im genuinly interested in what made a big difference to people in their system interconnect wise. If you dont beleive cables do then fine fair play to you and strength to yer elbow, but i really think they can. So want to hear from others that had a good experiance, what it brought to the system and what they bought. Peace and chillax Man :)

Super Wammer

Audio Synthesis Silverblue or Silverblue SQ for me. I wouldn't go so far as to say jaw-dropping, but they have outperformed all other interconnects I've tried- VDH carbons (First, First Ultimate, Second), Ecosse, Nordost Heimdall, Solid Silver Ribbon type, Audioquest Quartz. They are well-screened and use Teflon, which is a very good dialectic to use for cable sheathing. Being solid core twisted pairs (quad core in the case of the SQ cable), they give a less veiled sound than the stranded types, to my ears at least. I guess it would be interesting to compare against the Furutech stuff sold on here though (Pac67?), seeing as they seem to get rave reviews.

Morning Ron. An easy one for me this - Reference Fidelity Components (RFC) Pluto. I've always used atlas navigator and had dalliances with several sets of posher cables but always sold them on and gone back to the navis as I couldn't ever hear an improvement worth the extra money, if any. I tried the plutos a couple of weeks ago and was frankly astonished at the difference. So much more information getting through ... thought I'd accidentally knocked the volume up a touch. Open, airy ... just fantastic.

I know this is all system dependant but I've honestly made changes to source kit in the past that have made less difference. Superb cables :^

Guest Sprockens

I used a foo one on a record deck thinking it would be well shielded, it hummed like fuck. Using a freebie one worked perfectly with zero hum.

Thanks Gary,

I did try this on my Unisis sig amp and Sugden masterclass CD player years ago with a recommendation from Pete (macvisual)

Who used it with his Quad amps. Didn't do it for me at the time in that system, i was using Missing link Alaqeia at that time and thought it was clearer and more top end detailed than the AS but nice well made cable, just shows though. As a mid priced cable the M, Link was very hard to beat. Not tried up the food chain though.

Morning Ron. An easy one for me this - Reference Fidelity Components (RFC) Pluto. .... Superb cables :^

I'm with Jake on this -- ackcherly, I think he tried 'em cos I recommended them! :)

The early/original RFC Pluto's weren't for me, but now revised and with Bullet plugs ... wow :^

As Jake says, "open, airy ... just fantastic". I have two pairs in use; CD to pre, and pre to power. I've not heard anything that comes close, in my system.

(And yes, Paul @ RFC is a mate of mine. Blindingly good cables, though!)

There's no point even having a hifi unless you have a full Nordost Valhalla wiring loom.

Or at least I saw that written somewhere, so it must be true...

Morning Ron. An easy one for me this - Reference Fidelity Components (RFC) Pluto. I've always used atlas navigator and had dalliances with several sets of posher cables but always sold them on and gone back to the navis as I couldn't ever hear an improvement worth the extra money, if any. I tried the plutos a couple of weeks ago and was frankly astonished at the difference. So much more information getting through ... thought I'd accidentally knocked the volume up a touch. Open, airy ... just fantastic.

I know this is all system dependant but I've honestly made changes to source kit in the past that have made less difference. Superb cables :^

Thanks Jake,

As a previous owner of the Altlas Navies i agree these are very good cables and nicely made to. These can now be bought at very good prices and would still be my choice if i hadn't tried the MG cables. But not Jaw dropping, found the MG slightly better but not by much, so again not WOW! these are the best ever moment. A bit smoother which is proably down to the copper and the duel sheilding?

( only my guess, i'm no expert before i get the boffins kicking my teeth down my throat)

Never tried the RFC but have read lots and they do seem to get a good following. Pity no-one near me sells these so i could demo.

La Cacanya pure silver interconnects by White Zombie, as in here: http://www.whitezombieaudio.com/lacacanyacables.html. Probably the best interconnect, I've ever heard. And at sensible money too :^ You should give these a try, Ron.

I'm with Jake on this -- ackcherly, I think he tried 'em cos I recommended them! :)

The early/original RFC Pluto's weren't for me, but now revised and with Bullet plugs ... wow :^

As Jake says, "open, airy ... just fantastic". I have two pairs in use; CD to pre, and pre to power. I've not heard anything that comes close, in my system.

(And yes, Paul @ RFC is a mate of mine. Blindingly good cables, though!)

Thanks Jerry,

Mate or not they are either good or they are not. So acually answered another point about the connectors on the ends and if they made a big difference, well from what i have tried in the past im not so sure but only did this once so nothing conclusive, i changed the Missing Link cable ends to bullit plugs ( Copper) but honestly found no difference that i could hear anyway. others may find different as you did when they changed the ends of this cable.

Again no-one near me to try these :(

.... So actually answered another point about the connectors on the ends and if they made a big difference ...

Hmm, it was a shock to me. Previously I have had identical cables (decent ones £150/pair or so, from Black Rhodium) - 1 pair with good but normal RCA plugs, the other pair with Bullet plugs. Otherwise they were identical. Oh dear - somewhat distressingly, the Bullet plugged cables sounded a lot better to me. :? I really did not want to hear that!

There's no point even having a hifi unless you have a full Nordost Valhalla wiring loom.

Or at least I saw that written somewhere, so it must be true...

Must be true then Leonard!

Tried the blue and the red dawn, dunno the blue was really bright and tinkly the red dawn was a different league and was detailed and had great bass but at the price the next cable i had at that time was Crystal piccalo and i found that ever so slightly better but not by much and as i won that from Hi Fi choice mag it was easier to stay put as it was a freeby.

La Cacanya pure silver interconnects by White Zombie, as in here: http://www.whitezombieaudio.com/lacacanyacables.html. Probably the best interconnect, I've ever heard. And at sensible money too :^ You should give these a try, Ron.

New one on me Chris, will get a look though thanks. Unless a money back deal can be had i cant afford to dabble with expensive cables. I have in the past bought the "purest siver known to man" interconnects ( you have all seen the bumph) and to be honest all have left me cold, bar the Missing Link cable with its silver caoting which for the cash was hard to beat.