cobbler

I have got tickets to see .......................

Last night we went to see the Lovely Eggs in a small venue at Todmorden, The Golden Lion.

The landlord and landlady have really created a special place for live and alternative acts/people. Gig the landlady is a riot and knows how to make a place interesting. Richard her husband has connections in the music business and hosts some top acts for such a small venue. DJ's feature heavily in the line ups. Quite a few of them are of international/national renown. Next week K-Klass are on. Other weeks there has been Steve interesting Davis who knows his soul music and thrashed one of the locals at pool for good measure. Kevin Rowland can't keep away from the place, Andy Kershaw who lives around the corner from the venue pops in. David Holmes, DJ record producer and remixer has played here to mention a few. Oh and not forgetting Jarvis.

The website isn't as up to date as their Facebook page.

https://goldenliontodmorden.co.uk/

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, Pete the Feet said:

Last night we went to see the Lovely Eggs in a small venue at Todmorden, The Golden Lion.

The landlord and landlady have really created a special place for live and alternative acts/people. Gig the landlady is a riot and knows how to make a place interesting. Richard her husband has connections in the music business and hosts some top acts for such a small venue. DJ's feature heavily in the line ups. Quite a few of them are of international/national renown. Next week K-Klass are on. Other weeks there has been Steve interesting Davis who knows his soul music and thrashed one of the locals at pool for good measure. Kevin Rowland can't keep away from the place, Andy Kershaw who lives around the corner from the venue pops in. David Holmes, DJ record producer and remixer has played here to mention a few. Oh and not forgetting Jarvis.

The website isn't as up to date as their Facebook page.

Thanks for the heads up, one to watch @aejoker

On 08/03/2020 at 14:39, Pete the Feet said:

Last night we went to see the Lovely Eggs in a small venue at Todmorden, The Golden Lion...

That must have been a fantastic gig, The Lovely eggs really seem to work well in small packed out venues. In my humble they are the greatest and hardest working live band in the country nowadays.

I'm seeing them at The Garage soon, and I understand they will be playing EaRtH in Hackney, both big venues, and they have got there by touring pretty much non stop for about 10 years. I think I've seen them about 25 times, and here's something to make all you Eggheads jealous, they played at my 50th Birthday party in 2011!

If you go to just one gig this year, make it a Lovely Eggs gig!

I’ve got a ticket for The Delines next February in Nottingham, assuming the trains are running from Liverpool and hotels are open.

Super Wammer

Kate Rusby Christmas gig