I have got tickets to see .......................

cobbler

Fingers crossed...

22nd May - Sarathy Korwar, Kings Place, London

5th June - Zara McFarlane, Jazz Cafe, London

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked some more tix... Whoop whoop...

One of my two lockdown promises to myself, was this (Collie B) plus one other (which I'm not sure will ever happen, but if it does, at any cost, in any UK location - I'm now on it like a rash).

I just literally danced round my front room in excitement 😀😀😀😀😀

I now have a few things booked from end July plus.

-All night jungle rave. I will dance my tits off at this. A full let-my-hair-down, I've not been out forever, 20,000 steps before midnight is guaranteed 😂

-Fun lovin criminals. Will be quality, as always.

-Collie Buddz in London, wiv baddass swanky hotel booked up and a night off. Boooooom!!! Thank you grandparents.

- London Grammar in Birmingham, as a bday prezzzie to self (few days before) with another real swanky hotel booked. Thanks again grandparents.

Roll on Vax's and the end of this sh*t....

I need to get back to my usual life of multiple gigs each month. I now have a few to look forward to...

**Back to dancing round the room in excitement**

• Like 1

On 19/12/2020 at 18:43, Ward said:

I've just managed to book replacement tickets to see Steven Wilson in September 2021 having had his previous gig at the O2 cancelled from earlier this year, this time should be more intimate as the new venue is Portsmouth Guild Hall, long wait but hopefully that will mean it won't get cancelled again.  If anyone else is interested go to his website for all the planned dates, apparently tickets are selling fast, but that might just be hype.

Unfortunately just been informed by Viagogo that the Steven Wilson gig @ Portsmouth Guild Hall in September has been cancelled due to Covid, they are saying that due to the number of events being cancelled it could take several months to process a refund; very disappointed.

Just now, Ward said:

Unfortunately just been informed by Viagogo that the Steven Wilson gig @ Portsmouth Guild Hall in September has been cancelled due to Covid, they are saying that due to the number of events being cancelled it could take several months to process a refund; very disappointed.

It was announced a couple of weeks back that the tour has been completely cancelled after dates being postponed/rearranged twice. I had tickets that were for the rearranged September date in Nottingham which have now been refunded by the venue already.

Wilson cancels The Future Bites Tour

• 4 weeks later...

I now have tickets to see Chase & Status in July. Backing is Gorgon City, who I also love (check out the album Sirens if you've never heard it).

That should be a wicked gig. Last time I saw Chase & Status was for their Return II Jungle tour and it opened with an undulating green sea of fog and lasers on the ceiling, absolutely incredible.

Can't wait for this one 😀😀😀

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Belle and Sebastian in Bristol Harbourside , although the date has changed so many times I can't even remember when now.... not this year anyway!

• 5 weeks later...

Gorillaz at the O2 London Arena on the 11th of August, never seen them before so really looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to see The Lovely Eggs at Gorilla in Manchester last night.

Purchased tickets originally for April 2020.

They were brilliant and funny as always, a great start to post lockdown gigs, really refreshing to engage in some live music again.

Had so many disappointments with gigs and festivals over the last 12+ months I absolutely needed it.

Fingers crossed it's onward and upwards from here 🤞

• Like 1

Going to see the Christians deep in the heart of Derbyshire at Ashbourne in September 

• Like 2

The British Collective, Pizza Express, Holborn 25th Sept /// Matthew Halsall, Barbican, 1st Nov /// Nubya Garcia, Electric Brixton, 7th Nov /// Damon Locks, EartH, Hackney 15th Nov /// Bebel Gilberto, Royal Festival Hall, 27th March '22 /// Kokoroko, Electric Brixton, 6th May '22

• 3 weeks later...

Off to see the Kaiser chiefs, and Gentleman's Dub club tomorrow, there are others too, but these are the two I am looking forward to. At the North Cornwall showground, courtesy of my daughter for my birthday ☺️

• Like 1

Nice one Colin have a great time mate👍:rockin:

• Like 1

enjoy Colin and report back, I am going with my 2 daughters to see Kaiser Chiefs in Halifax on 11th Sept (twice delayed of course!)

• Like 1

Looking at tickets for The Vintage Caravan ….an Icelandic heavy/ prog rock trio - well worth a listen if that’s your music taste imho

On 19/08/2021 at 07:51, Maverick said:

enjoy Colin and report back, I am going with my 2 daughters to see Kaiser Chiefs in Halifax on 11th Sept (twice delayed of course!)

Just got home, brilliant evening, all 3 acts were superb, but the Kaiser Chiefs really finished the evening off, great entertainers!

Forgot to say due to it being a mini festival (Paul Ainsworth Travelling Feast) The acts only did an hour each, so the Kaiser Chiefs packed all their hits in which made for a great atmosphere!

237374980_10225055839765337_272472205088

Edited by greybeard
  • Like 1