Clubsport911

Acoustic Energy AE5's - anyone got any on the Wam

On 05/08/2016 at 10:30, Who's yoru Daddy said:

Acouple of better pics I took this morning.

Stereo 2016a.JPG

Stereo 2016b.JPG

It would be great to see this set up at Scalford next year

• Upvote 1

They're stunning!

I'd love to hear those!!!

I love my AE109's which I've owned since 1996! Did buy a set of 120s, but they were just bassier IMO and nowhere near as well timed!

Did 'upgrade' to the 509s, but again, too much of a sideways move

Heard a set of the AE2s once when Sevenoaks was one of the few proper hifi shops in Preston (then it got too commercial) and they were stunning! Just couldn't afford them :( 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Heard a set of the AE2s once when Sevenoaks was one of the few proper hifi shops in Preston (then it got too commercial) and they were stunning! Just couldn't afford them :( 

Yeah its not good this money thing Dan, its restricting me from trying a lot of hi-fi I really want,  and making me do things I don't really want to :)

and yes cant beat the old school 2 channel hi-fi shops, as you say a lot went too commercial. 

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 10:22, Spider said:

It would be great to see this set up at Scalford next year

I would love to bring it all up but am worried that if my wife saw the living room without it in place she would get ideas of it never returning!! Too big a risk!!

I first heard the AE1s when I was a saturday boy at The Cornflake Shop. It was about 15 years later I managed to get a set and thought I woud never upgrade. The AE5s were a risk with the system I had then (all meridian plus Roksan Xerxes, again through listening to them all at The Cornflake Shop). I took another risk with the Graaf amp. Most people would laugh at the idea of a valve amp running AE1s let alone AE5s, but the amp doesn't give a hint of struggling.