MBL speakers but seller called TeddyEvo999...scam?

Guest CarlBkk

He can't even string a sentence together. I'm surprised he could spell MBL.

Postscript, if English isn't his native tongue,I'll take that back!

I don't get it , do you mean if he doesn't speak proper english he has no right to own or sell hi-fi equipment ?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it , do you mean if he doesn't speak proper english he has no right to own or sell hi-fi equipment ?

Did you read all of that reply? :nup:

Of course I did , but it doesn't change kind of offensive tone of that post

In my opinion it is not necessary to post this kind of comments , period , I am not going to argue or elaborate (waste Sunday afternoon ) on this subject , anymore .

In my opinion it is not necessary to post this kind of comments , period , I am not going to argue or elaborate (waste Sunday afternoon ) on this subject , anymore .

Good. That is probably wise.

Nothing offensive in it whatsoever. Even if their English is poor, there's no excuse for someone not using spellchecker and other aids to write a well presented description if they expect to sell expensive kit on eBay.

Bad spelling and grammar sounds alarm bells.

(btw you might want to rethink your spelling of McIntosh.)

I am not going to argue or elaborate (waste Sunday afternoon ) on this subject ' date=' anymore .[/quote']

Well you made a good start...

Good. That is probably wise.

:goodone:

Screen+Shot+2012-10-06+at+6.50.33+PM.png

It looks for all the world like a scam.

A Ducati evo 999 is a very expensive toy, maybe this guy has more about him than we're giving credit for...

Hacked account?

A Ducati evo 999 is a very expensive toy, maybe this guy has more about him than we're giving credit for...

You have to wonder how any one that can describe the speaker cables they are listing as being in "Mins condistion" could ever get enough money together to buy all that kit in the first place.

Of course, he could be a footballer...

Couple of things: Check out the location photo in google maps (post code in contact details within the bay ad) - interesting, so if meeting in person, could be useful to take a brigade with you!

Postage price is quoted as £22.46 Standard delivery - for a speaker with a weight of around 80Kg.

I suspect anyone interested or actually bidding will certainly be picking these up with a view to demo and pay .

It's mighty confusing when folks who can hardly write English put out one sentence to advertise massively expensive products, but then seem ok for collection/cash. This particular seller offered to end the auction for £16,000 for them and I can only assume some reasons would come up whereby cash on collection was no longer possible...and bank transfer/courier was possible.