bonzo

Can anyone lend me high quality cables

i have a set of cable talk interconnects that you can try, i was useing sonic link,i tried the cable talk and found they seemed to add a bit more bass and take a bit of sparkle off the treble,so i think i will continue with the sonic link, you can try the cable talks for a week or 2 for cost of postage if you like,pm me

Hi, just my 2 p's worth... if it is brightness that you are experiencing, I would suggest you try running a dedicated mains spur. No need to lift the floor boards initially, just ask your electrician to run an appropriate gauge cable from your meter into your music room, and attach a decent block at the other end.

Some reading for you: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/~apm3/diyaudio/Dedicated_spur.html

Cables do make a worthwhile difference I find, but personally I soon reached a 'ceiling' in terms of satisfaction vs money spent (!)

I have heard it all now.

System sound bright ? Install a dedicated mains supply :doh:

How does that work then?

I have heard it all now.

System sound bright ? Install a dedicated mains supply :doh:

How does that work then?

Couldn't make it up could you :roll:

oh, hang on...

Guys this the classifieds not a 2 channel discussion thread? Please stick to the AUP

I didn't think the classifieds AUP covered 'Borrowing' threads. What exactly is classified?

I guess the fun is in trying things so that you know after a year what works and what doesn't. Right now I am getting an equal kick in finding out what doesn't work.

Well, that sounds certain to continue.

Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't think the classifieds AUP covered 'Borrowing' threads. What exactly is classified?

Oops, thought this must have been in 2 ch. :oops:

I guess the fun is in trying things so that you know after a year what works and what doesn't. Right now I am getting an equal kick in finding out what doesn't work.

Do you want to buy some beans?

What exactly is classified?

One level down from top secret.

• Upvote 1

Not on topic again but maybe a dual core antimode would be a good idea for digitally correcting the rooms nasties and balancing the aound to what u may perceive as better by attenuating the frequencies which are causing issues.

Not on topic again but maybe a dual core antimode would be a good idea for digitally correcting the rooms nasties and balancing the aound to what u may perceive as better by attenuating the frequencies which are causing issues.

It's probably a lot cheaper than a dedicated spur :doh:

Oh, and infinitely more effective. Good recommendation Danny :^

Hi, just my 2 p's worth... if it is brightness that you are experiencing, I would suggest you try running a dedicated mains spur. No need to lift the floor boards initially, just ask your electrician to run an appropriate gauge cable from your meter into your music room, and attach a decent block at the other end.

Some reading for you: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/~apm3/diyaudio/Dedicated_spur.html

Cables do make a worthwhile difference I find, but personally I soon reached a 'ceiling' in terms of satisfaction vs money spent (!)

That's not going to help :doh: To get any real benefit, you will need to take the new feed back to the sub station obviously :doh::doh::doh:

Im with Tel on that really so moving to the 2 channel area .

Cables are great for fine tuning your wallet, alright.

that needs to be the standard answer to all questions about cable influencing sound.